Mount Cook Private Day Tour via Lake Tekapo including Lunch
Enjoy a private day tour to Aoraki/Mount Cook - the tallest mountain in New Zealand. Visit the picturesque town of Lake Tekapo, admire stunning alpine views from Lake Pukaki, and enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Hermitage Hotel.
• Enjoy a day trip from Christchurch to discover incredible glaciers, lakes and rivers
• Sample award-winning cheese at a local cheese factory in Geraldine
• Visit the iconic Church of Good Shepherd and Bronze Sheepdog Statue in Lake Tekapo
• Admire Lake Pukaki, the largest lake in Mackenzie region, and stunning alpine scenery
• Savor a delicious buffet lunch with spectacular views at the Hermitage Hotel
• Explore one of the many alpine walks in Mount Cook National Park
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour (i.e. only for one party)
- Professional guide.
- Transport by air-conditioned late model Mercedes Benz vans.
- Buffet lunch at Hermitage Hotel.
- Hotel Pick up and Drop Off.
- Complimentary Hotspot WIFI provided.
- Complimentary light refreshments provided.
What's excluded :
- Experience dramatic glacier lakes, snow-capped mountains, and beautiful alpine walks on a private day trip from Christchurch. Home to Southern Alps, Aoraki/Mount Cook is the highest mountain in New Zealand at a height of 3724 meters.
After pick-up from your hotel, journey to Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, located a 4 hours' drive though spectacular and breathtaking landscapes. Stretch your legs at the historic town of Geraldine and treat your taste buds at an artisan cheese shop, or browse for Merino and Alpaca fleece clothing. Visit the heart of Mackenzie Country, the captivatingly turquoise Lake Tekapo, the iconic Church of Good Shepherd, and the well-recognized statue of Sheepdog. Travel through Lake Pukaki and admire stunning views of Mt. Cook from a distance.
Arrive at your final destination of Mount Cook where you'll savor a scrumptious buffet lunch at Hermitage Hotel. Enjoy 3 hours of free time to explore Mount Cook village, take on one of the many walks, enjoy an optional scenic flight (at your own cost), or visit Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre. Then, rejoin your guide for the return scenic journey to Christchurch.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off from your preferred location in Christchurch.Airports
- Christchurch International Airport, 30 Durey Road, Harewood, Christchurch 8053, New Zealand
- Lyttelton Port of Christchurch, 41 Chapmans Road, Hillsborough, Christchurch 8022, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.