Mt Cook Small Group Adventure Tour from Queenstown or Cromwell
One day, fully guided small group tour from Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook (New Zealand's tallest mountain). See Mt Cook Village, Kawarau Gorge, Lindis Pass, the Southern Alps, Lake Pukaki, and High Country Salmon. You will have 4 hours to add extra activities at Mt Cook including short walks, Hooker Valley hike, scenic flights or Heli Hikes. Our tours are run in small groups with a maximum of 16 people, in specially built, modern mini buses. On board we have amazing guides who always have a lot of stories to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and more. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided small group return tour from Queenstown (maximum 11 passengers)
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specified hotels and points only)
- Aoraki/Mt Cook Village Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (unless otherwise specified)
- Optional activities at Mt Cook - please select the tour option you want, to include in tour price
- Entry/Admission - Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
New Zealand's tourism hub. See and learn about some of the main sites as you leave town for your tour.
Pass By: Kawarau Suspension Bridge, Kawarau Bridge, Gibbston New Zealand
We then make our way through the stunning Kawarau gorge with stunning view and passing the Kawarau Suspension Bridge.
Stop At: Lindis Pass, Omarama New Zealand
Pass through Lindis Pass, one of only three alpine roads through the otherwise impassable Southern Alps we stop at the famous lookout.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Omarama Sheep Statue, State Highway 8 and Chains Hill Highway, Omarama New Zealand
Stopping at the quaint township of Omarama, where you'll have the option to taste the best creamy chicken pie in NZ (in our opinion)! or just grab a coffee and have a break.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Pukaki, New Zealand
Our next stop is Lake Pukaki, one of the bluest lakes you will ever see, framed by the backdrop of Aoraki/Mt Cook and the Southern Alps. We will also see the location of several scenes from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
At 3724m, Aoraki/Mt Cook is New Zealand’s highest peak, however, the mountain can be viewed without any acclimatisation whatsoever from nearby Aoraki/Mt Cook village which is just 750m above sea level.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre, 89 Terrace Road, Mt. Cook Village, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu) 7946 New Zealand
Arriving at the alpine village of Aoraki/Mt Cook and The Hermitage (home of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre) you then have 4 hours to explore many of the village’s popular activities and attractions Including:
Local walks & hikes
Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: High Country Salmon, State Highway 8, Twizel 7944 New Zealand
At the end of the day we farewell Aoraki/Mt Cook Village and make our way back to Queenstown. On the way, we stop in at High Country Salmon, a local salmon farm, where you can feed the fish and taste some of the freshest salmon in New Zealand, selecting from the farm’s fresh salmon-based menu.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mrs Jones Fruit Orchard, 489 Kawarau Gorge Road, Cromwell 9384 New Zealand
On the way back to Queenstown a stop at Mrs Jones is a must to try the delicious local fruit.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :The Station Building Duke Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pick Up Points & Times:Please be ready waiting in your hotel lobby or at the pick up point at least 10 minutes prior to your pick up time below. If your hotel is not listed below, please contact us in advance to be picked up from your nearest location in the list below. 6:30am - Heritage Hotel, Mercure Hotel6:35am - Crowne Plaza, Hotel St Moritz, Rydges Lakeland Resort6:40am - Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, Base Backpackers, YHA Central, Nomads Backpackers6:40am - Queenstown Central Pick Up Point (47-49 Shotover Street, Queenstown)6:45am - Scenic Hotel, Copthorne Hotel, Heartland Hotel, Millennium Hotel, Rees Hotel7.00am – 7:10am - Frankton Bus Station (near Queenstown airport)7:05am - 7:15am - Hilton Hotel & Resort7:30am - Cromwell I-Site, 2 The Mall, CromwellPorts
- Frankton Bus Terminal
- Queenstown Central - Shotover Building
- Cromwell iSite - 2 The Mall, Cromwell
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.