Mt Tarawera Fly-Drive Volcanic Experience
Mt Tarawera – Fly / Drive Combo
This unique experience allows visitors to travel to Mt Tarawera with Volcanic Air, taking in the scenic wonders of the area from the air, before landing on Mt Tarawera for your guided crater walk experience. This flight includes the stunning scenery of Lakes Okareka, Tarawera and Rotomahana, as well as being able to see on clear days to White Island and Mt Ruapehu landing you on Mt Tarawera, Infamous for its eruption on June 10th, 1886, Mt Tarawera created the world’s youngest geothermal valley of Waimangu, at the same destroying the legendary Pink and White Terraces. You will be fully guided on a walking experience which encompasses the unique landscape and history of the area. With unmatched scenic vistas and 360 panoramic views this experience is ideal for all ages and includes an optional run in to the heart of the volcanic crater. This activity includes transportation to and from accommodation.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Tarawera
- Entry/Admission - Kaitiaki Adventures
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Lake Rotorua is the second largest lake in the North Island of New Zealand by surface area
Pass By: Lake Rotoiti, Rotorua New Zealand
Lake Rotoiti is a lake in the Bay of Plenty region of New Zealand. It is the northwesternmost in a chain of lakes formed within the Okataina caldera.
Pass By: Lake Rotomahana, Waimangu New Zealand
Lake Rotomahana is an 800-hectare lake in northern New Zealand, located 20 kilometres to the south-east of Rotorua.
Stop At: Mt. Tarawera, Tr, Rotorua New Zealand
Mount Tarawera is a volcano on the North Island of New Zealand. Located 24 kilometres southeast of Rotorua, it consists of a series of rhyolitic lava domes that were fissured down the middle by an explosive basaltic eruption in 1886.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kaitiaki Adventures, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Standing sentinel high above Rotorua, Mt Tarawera is revered by local Maori and offers a unique adventure for those who come and explore it on a guided tour with Kaitiaki Adventures.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Volcanic Air, City Lakefront Lakefront Drive, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All Kaitiaki Staff/contractors have been provided Information and training regarding the Hazards/Risk associated with COVID-19 All staff have been asked to contribute feedback All feedback has been considered by the business to make an informed decision pre-operation
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.