Muriwai Scenic Gannet & Wine Experience
Leave behind the bustle of Auckland City and spend the day exploring Auckland's wine country, agricultural region, where you experience their heritage and tradition, whilst tasting their award winning world-renowned wines. Savour a picnic by the lake, enjoy a game of outdoor, experience a delicious lunch at a vineyard restaurant roaming gardens and wander among the vines, continued to an impressive coastline with cliff-top trails to a huge gannet colony, at Muriwai’s one of New Zealand's most spectacular black-sand surf beaches.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Guided experience at the vineyard
- Enjoy wine tastings at 3 locally owned vineyards
- Lunch with a three course meal with matching wines
- Visit to lookouts over Muriwai Beach, the gannet colony
- Spectacular views of the Tasman Sea and West Coast from the lookouts
- See the rugged West Coast & regional Park meeting the Tasman Sea
- Chance to see nesting Gannets preparing for winter migration
- Visit the black sand west coast wild beaches of the area
- Entry/Admission - Coopers Creek Vineyard
- Entry/Admission - Westbrook Winery
- Entry/Admission - The Hunting Lodge Winery & Restaurant
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coopers Creek Vineyard, 601 State Highway 16 Huapai, Auckland Central, Auckland 0810 New Zealand
Our first spot for wine tasting at Coopers Creek Winery has been a true pioneer in New Zealand. All the wines are expertly crafted from grapes grown with care and dedication in New Zealand's best winegrowing regions. You'll find our wines available around the world, from London to Los Angeles, Toronto to Tokyo and many places in between. With a reputation for producing some of the finest regional wines, Coopers Creek is a must-visit Auckland attraction. Set in the idyllic landscape of the heart of Kumeu, the family-owned winery provides for a great day out.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Westbrook Winery, 215 Ararimu Valley Road, Waimauku, Auckland 0882 New Zealand
Located in the picturesque Ararimu Valley, Westbrook Winery's skilled winemakers produce iconic hand-crafted wines using time-honoured traditional and innovative techniques. Set in twenty acres of picturesque park-like grounds, the Cellar Door looks down over tree-covered grassy terraces and across a pretty brook-fed lily pond to row after row of vines. Experience a guided tour of the vineyard and look into the winery with a special tasting of one of our special cellared library wines. Then enjoy a tasting of a selection of our current release wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Hunting Lodge Winery & Restaurant, 305 - 307 Waikoukou Valley Road, Waimauku, Auckland 0882 New Zealand
Within 5 minutes’ drive The Hunting Lodge sits pretty in Waimauku. Just around the corner from Kumeu, it’s surrounded by breath taking vineyards, forest and farmland. You’ll feel a million miles away from the city, even though it’s just a 30-minute drive. The stunning destination restaurant, Cellar Door & Lawn Bar, and it’s incredible setting will woo your heart (and taste buds) time and time again. Enter the historic villa restaurant and you’ll find a mouth-watering all day menu. Inspired by the seasons where the wine and food experience evolves throughout the year. Award winning Executive Chef Des Harris has created a fresh dining experience that will have you feeling at ease. Enjoy a three course meal with matching wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Muriwai Gannet Colony, 428 Motutara Rd Waitakere, Muriwai Beach, Auckland 0881 New Zealand
After satisfying your taste buds, next you visit one of the region’s special places. Relax with a side trip through beautiful traditional rolling sheep and cattle country to visit the Muriwai black sand beach. We make a stop to get amazing views along the coast and talk about what makes the west coast Auckland beaches unique. See Gannets nesting and flying over rock outcrops and black sand beaches. The gannet colony is in residence from August to March. Here you get a close-up of the gannet colony without disturbing their environment.
A big treat to our eyes and stomach makes this experience worthwhile.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as this is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.