Napier Shore Excursion to Cape Kidnappers Gannet Colony
This is Hawkes Bay's most iconic tour. Gannet Safaris Overland has been guiding visitors over Cape Kidnappers for over 50 years. It’s the only tour which drives you to within metres of the remarkable gannets – no
walking required - traversing riverbeds, broad rolling pastures, through stands of native bush, steep gullies and breath-taking views with spectacular cliff top with panoramic views of Hawke Bay. The amazing geology of the area can also be taken in. The 36km, three hour trip includes commentary by your
tour guide on the farming operation of Cape Kidnappers Station and an introduction to the gannets.
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cape Kidnappers, 446 Clifton Rd, Te Awanga 4180 New Zealand
Cape Kidnappers is the worlds largest accessible gannet colony. Learn local history - take in spectacular views, geology, legends and study the memorising gannet birds.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Napier, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Passengers get the shuttle from the ship into Napier iSite (takes 5 minutes and is free) and we collect 200 metres down from where you are dropped off, opposite the Napier Museum on the Oceanside of the road.Ports
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
English - Written
Organised by Gannet Safaris Overland