Napier Shore Excursion: Wine, Beer & Art Deco Tour
An excursion that explores Napier's art deco architecture and rich history. Included is a visit to two famous wineries and the Speights Ale House for tastings.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Wine / Beer & Cider tasting
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This tour commences by highlighting the various locations around Napier City which has made the city so famous. You will discover the very unique story of the region from the early settlement of Napier to the 1931 earthquake which remains New Zealand’s deadliest natural disaster to date. You’ll also discover how Napier transformed itself into the Art Deco Capital of the World and see some incredible examples of art deco architecture.
Your tour will then continue to two world famous wineries. The first winery, Mission Estate Winery, is the oldest in New Zealand and was established by pioneering French missionaries in 1851. You’ll be able to explore this beautiful property and view its stunning grounds and gardens. The second is Church Road Winery, which contains New Zealand’s only wine museum. Here you will visit the fantastic French style cellar and barrel room for tasting some magnificent award winning wines.
From Church Road Winery the tour then embarks to Napier’s historic port area, where you will stop off at the Speights Ale House for tastings of their popular ales and ciders – all before being escorted back to the Napier port for your tender to the cruise ship.
Departure Point :The National Aquarium of New Zealand, 546 Marine Parade, Napier South, Napier 4110, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Meeting Instructions - Napier Please take the free shuttles that the ship provides and go to the aquarium shuttle stop which is stop number two. At the aquarium look for the signage “Hawkes Bay Scenic Tours". Wine, Beer & Art Deco Tour. Try and be on the first shuttle so the tours can depart promptly.Ports
- Port of Napier, Breakwater Road, Napier 4140, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not Suitable for under 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.