Nature, Ocean and Towns Experience from East to West Coast in Auckland
Do you know, that Auckland is situated in narrowest part of the North Island?
Thus the calm beaches of Hauraki Gulf on the East are just a 40 minutes drive from the black sands of the rough and wild West Coast.
Yes, these two shores are dramatically different, and this is what we will explore, together with everything inland on our way in between, including:
- scenic beach and nature walks
- wine tasting
- coffee break
- some adventure elements
- great photos opportunities
What's included :
- Small groups with dedicated guiding
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (conditional)
- Wine tasting
- Fruits/berries picking (conditional)
- Picnic with BBQ (optional)
What's excluded :
- Please take care about your own drinks and snacks, that you may need while we are on a track "out of civilisation"
Stop At: Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
We'll stop at different view points on East coast bays to enjoy Hauraki gulf sceneries and explore local people life style. Likely we'll combine this with tea, coffee or ice cream break.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Long Bay Beach, Long Bay, Auckland New Zealand
We'll visit one or few beautiful East Coast bays and nature reserves for coastal and native bush walks. You'll see pristine (still in the city area!) beaches, a lot of common NZ plants, some local birds, typical NZ life style elements, historical WWII remains etc. Swimming, snorkelling, wharf diving are in options.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bethells Beach, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Wild West Coast of Auckland area. Unique black sand beaches. Scenic tracks. Bethells beach is just one of the other options here: Piha, Karekare, Muriwai etc.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Coopers Creek Vineyard, 601 State Highway 16 Huapai, Auckland Central, Auckland 0810 New Zealand
Auckland North West area from New Linn to Kumeu has long years tradition of wine making and fruits growing.
In our passage between East and West we'll observe typical NZ rural area and do few stops for wine tasting, getting some locally grown orchard goodness or/and having meal in a cosy local cafe.
Likely that great Coopers Creek vineyard will be one of those.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Albany Bus Station, Albany, Auckland 0632, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Albany Busway station is our standard/preferred option. However we may arrange it at a different place in our pre-tour communication, including doorstep pickup.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Certain amount of walking is involved
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers