Ocean Safari Heli-Whale Watch
In the stunning town of Kaikoura, where mountains meet ocean, experience the magnificent wildlife and scenery from the comfort of a helicopter and see the magnificent sperm whales from top to tail! Your 45 minute tour lets you experience the year round sperm whale population, with more time to enjoy the abundant marine life and a chance to see breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, the Kaikoura Peninsula, and the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges.
per adult from
What's included :
- Scenic helicopter flight to view whales and other wildlife
- Headsets to hear the pilot clearly during your flight
- Live commentary from our pilots
- Round-trip transfer to and from town. Contact our reservations team to organise
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Our office is located right in the centre of Kaikoura town from here enjoy complimentary transport to the helipads to receive a short safety briefing from our pilots, as well as information about the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary and the wildlife you can expect to see on the tour.
After the briefing you're ready to head out and explore what Kaikoura has to offer! View sperm whales and resident pods of dusky dolphins and New Zealand fur seals. Kaikoura is located on the the migratory routes for humpback whales, southern right whales, killer whales, and even blue whales depending on the time of year. You'll experience stunning vistas of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, as well as the Kaikoura Peninsula, and the vastness of the Pacific Ocean.
After a successful whale sighting fly along the coastline spotting wildlife including the resident populations of dusky dolphins as well as New Zealand fur seals
Your experience ends back at the helipad where complimentary transportation is waiting for you back to your hotel or into town.
Departure Point :617 State Highway 1, Peketa 7374, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- It is recommended to bring some warm clothing, comfortable footwear, sunglasses and camera
- Our helicopter has a maximum of 4 passenger seats, if more people booking then they will be split between helicopters
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.