Otago Central Rail Trail One Day Wonder Cycle tour
The Otago Central Rail Trail is the Original Great Ride in New Zealand's burgeoning Cycle Trails Network. This particular section of the trail is the most spectacular - it also suits travelers on a short time frame and a high level of fitness is not required.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Full commentary by a very knowledgeable driver to the drop off point
- Bike It Now! Drink Bottle
- Cycle Helmet
- Top mounted Pannier bag
What's excluded :
Your trip will start at 9am at our shop in Historic Clyde. You will be fitted out for your Bikes, Trek Roscoe 7's and be given information on points of interest along the way, then transferred to Auripo for your days ride by our very knowledgeable driver.
From Auripo, you cycle a short distance to the Poolburn Gorge this is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the Otago Central Rail Trail as it cuts through the Raggedy Range that separates the Manuherikia and Ida Valleys. Highlights of this section include the 37m high Poolburn Viaduct, two tunnels, the trails longest bridge and Central Otago stunning landscapes.
After 10kms the Lauderstationside Cafe is the perfect stop for coffee and great scones.
Continuing along the Rail Trail, the option to take a side trip to historic Ophir beckons, before cycling down Tiger Hill to the Chatto Creek Tavern. Relax and refresh yourself at the Tavern and we collect you from here at 3.30pm, or you can carry on to Clyde.
Cycling distances; Auripo to Lauder 10kms, Lauder to Chatto Creek 19kms, Chatto Creek to Alexandra 18kms, Alexandra to Clyde (via Rail Trail 8kms, via the River Trail 12kms).
Departure Point :Bike It Now!, 25 Holloway Street, Clyde 9391, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.