Picton Shore Excursion: Wings of Omaka and Marlborough Wine Tour
Enjoy a half-day small-group shore excursion from your cruise ships arrival into Picton. This tour provides you with the unique opportunity to combine the Omaka Aviation Heritage Museum at the ‘Wings of Omaka’ with a taste of the many aromas, textures and flavours of the world famous wineries, on a guided tour of this exceptional region. Marlborough is home to some 45 cellar door wineries, all producing some of the country’s most vibrant and flavourful wines.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Entry/Admission - Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
What's excluded :
- This small group, maximum 12 passenger tour, departs from Picton with you guide on an informative and very scenic drive through Picton and Blenheim to Omaka and the wineries of the Marlborough Region.
Your first stop is at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Museum which attracts visitors from around the world to see their impressive collection of early “flying machines” and WW1 and WW2 fighter aircraft. There will be time for some lunch at the museum’s café, if required. (At own expense)
For the wine tour after lunch, you will visit a range of pre-selected wineries from the large, through to the small family-run wineries, where you can taste the zesty Sauvignon Blancs and a wide variety of our other tasty cultivars.
Depending on your cruise ships departure time, you will usually visit 2 – 3 wineries. Visit the barrel rooms to experience the rich aromas of wine maturing in French oak barrels and hear how the grapes are processed into the unique multi-award winning wines for which the valley is so famous.
On the way back to Picton, you will stop at the Chocolate factory to taste their hand made gourmet chocolates. This is a brilliant way to end this exceptional day.
Departure Point :Picton i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, The Foreshore, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Wheelchairs must be collapsible so they can be stored beneath the vehicle during transit. If you require a wheelchair, you will need to travel with someone who can assist you with embarking and disembarking on and off the vehicles. If you have any inquiries, please contact us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.