Piha and Karekare Rainforest Wine Tour from Auckland
Discover the famous wineries and top natural attractions of New Zealand’s North Island on this 7.5-hour Piha and Karekare rainforest tour from Auckland. Travel through the Henderson Valley to Babich Wines, Kumeu River Wines, and West Brook Wines with a guide and sample the chardonnay, pinot gris, and pinot noir wines in production. Admire panoramic rainforest views at the Arataki visitors’ center, and discover natural sites of interest including Piha beach and the Karekare waterfalls. This tour includes lunch and round-trip travel from your Auckland hotel.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Infant seats for children under seven years of age
- Enjoy a morning pickup at your central Auckland hotel then, at 9:30am, take a seat in your vehicle and head into the Henderson Valley — the heartland of Auckland’s wine industry — to begin your tour.
First, visit Babich Wines with your guide, and sample a range of reisling and sauvignon blanc wines produced on their vineyards in Hawkes Bay. As you taste the wines, gain insight into the process the grapes undergo from vineyard to glass.
Then, continue on into the beautiful Waitakere Ranges to the Arataki visitors’ center. On arrival, enjoy panoramic views over the rainforest reserve and learn of the diverse flora and fauna thriving below the leafy canopy.
Continue on to top natural attractions including the remote black-sand beach of Piha and the New Zealand native forest setting of Karekare, and admire the beautiful Karekare waterfalls. Then, enjoy a 50-minute drive through the dense rainforest and open farmland to a local cafe for lunch.
After lunch, travel through the Ararimu Valley to West Brook Wines and Kumeu River Wines, and sample some of the diverse chardonnay, pinot gris, and pinot noir wines in production. When your final winery tour comes to an end, return in comfort to your Auckland hotel to conclude your 7.5-hour tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.