Poor Knights Dive Charter
Come and dive the beautiful Poor Knights Islands. Described as one of the top ten dive sites in the world by Jacques Cousteau, this destination should be high on any divers bucket list!
With an abundance of dive sites, the Poor Knights Islands are suitable for all levels of certified divers. Many of the subtropical fish living in the marine reserve are found nowhere else in New Zealand. They include subtropical species such as spotted black groper, mosaic moray and Lord Howe coral fish. The fish are known for their friendliness and make visiting the marine reserve a very memorable experience.
What's included :
- 2 x Dives
- Gear Hire
What's excluded :
- Travel to the launch site
You will experience an underwater adventure discovering sponge gardens and a huge array of marine life. The Poor Knights Islands are the remains of a group of ancient volcanoes. Beneath the waves the volcanoes have been hollowed & shaped by the ocean into a web of caves, tunnels and arches.
Set off from the harbour on our high speed RIB and you will soon be there experiencing the amazing underwater arches, topography and marine life. Washed by warm currents the water is clear and in many areas sheltered.
New Zealand Diving can offer personalized tours away from the crowds with a maximum of eight divers. Our all inclusive package includes 2 x dives, tank fills, gear hire!
To join one of our charters, you must have dived within the last 12 months – contact us if you need a refresher course. Nitrox available on request to those who are qualified.
• Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve, Whangarei New Zealand
Departure Point :Tutukaka 0173, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides