Poor Knights Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
Explore the group of islands Jacques Cousteau named one of his top ten dive and snorkelling spots in the world, on a fully guided small group day tour from Auckland. 22km’s off the coast this nature and marine reserve boasts several ocean archways, the largest ocean cave in the world and amazing marine wildlife that must be seen to be believed. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Small Group and Fully Guided Tour
- Cruise Tickets
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet Lunch
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Optional extras and activities - please select the tour option you want at time of booking
Explore the group of islands Jacques Cousteau named one of his top ten dive and snorkelling spots in the world. 22km’s off the coast this nature and marine reserve boasts several ocean archways, the largest ocean cave in the world and amazing marine wildlife that must be seen to be believed.
• Poor Knights Islands
• Snorkelling experience or up-grade to a dive experience
• Rico Rico Cave & Maomao Arch
• Wildlife Spotting
Departing on a magical cruise we travel to the protected Poor Knights Islands. On the way we learn about the region and nature, enjoy the cruise and keep an eye out for the diverse marine life that makes this area so famous including: dolphins, whales, orca, game fish and ocean birds. Arriving at the Poor Knights we explore its many islands, archways and caves learning the history before settling in a sheltered area to continue the experience. While anchored, how you use this time is up to you. You will have access to snorkeling equipment and glass bottom boards to view the marine life or relax on the boat and have a bite to eat, it’s up to you. You also have the option to upgrade to a dive experience (at extra cost) if you are a keen diver.
• Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve, Whangarei New Zealand
• Whangarei Falls, Whangarei New Zealand
• Tutukaka, Tutukaka, Northland Region, North Island
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges Hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Four Points by Sheraton, Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland, SkyCity Hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland City, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland City (Hobson Street), St Martins Waldorf Apartment Hotel, Tetra Serviced Apartments by Nesuto, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
- Auckland Airport (Pick up from Butterfly creek)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Children ages 7 years and below are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with 24 hours notice).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.