Premier Helicopter Whale Watch
Soar above it all on our longest and most exclusive helicopter tour for an unforgettable adventure viewing amazing wildlife and scenery. This 60 minute trip over stunning Kaikoura takes in ocean and mountains in a one of a kind adventure that has you orbiting sperm whales and viewing marine life, then heading to the mountains for an alpine landing for the chance to walk around for incredible views in a remote and rugged location. Slowly orbit and view the entire whale on this extended tour with Kāikoura's only locally owned and operated helicopter company.
What's included :
- Scenic helicopter flight to view whales and other wildlife
- Alpine landing high in the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, with snow landing during winter season
- Headsets to hear the pilot clearly during your flight
- Live commentary from our pilots
- Round-trip transfer to and from town available, contact the reservations team to organise
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - South Pacific Helicopters
Stop At: South Pacific Helicopters, 58 West End, Kaikoura 7300 New Zealand
On arrival to the airport you will check in and be taken through a briefing. Once the briefing is finished, jump in a helicopter and head straight out over the Whale Sanctuary and Hikurangi Marine Reserve for a chance to view the unique sperm whales. Viewing from a helicopter allows views of the entire whale and maximises time viewing the wildlife while minimising any disruption of their natural behaviour.
After enjoying time viewing the whale, fly along the magnificent coastline and the Kaikoura Peninsula, all the while looking for other marine life in the area like resident playful dusky dolphins and New Zealand fur seals. Head up next to the towering peaks of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges for an incredible alpine landing. Get out and walk around on rugged pristine land with breathtaking vistas of the mountains, peninsula, and oceans from all angles.
Your experience ends back at the helipads.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :617 State Highway 1, Peketā 7374, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- All flights are subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- It is recommended to bring some warm clothing, comfortable footwear, sunglasses, and camera
- Our helicopter has a maximum of 4 passenger seats, if more people booking then they will be split between helicopters
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers