Premium Tour, Travel The Old Gold Trail (Hold the nuggets in your hand)
• Departs 8.00am returns 12.00pm Daily (Allow 4 Hours)
• Tour Available in English, Spanish and Mandarin
Join us on a journey like no other, our fully equipped 4WD all-terrain vehicle can handle any conditions. Spend the morning on The Old Gold Trail to discover Central Otago’s rich history. Your driver will take you off road along rugged 4WD farm tracks to a traditional high country New Zealand farm. As you climb up the mountains, you will see stunning sights of Lake Dunstan. Our GPS headsets have in depth commentary and will provide you with stories hundreds of years old from early settlers and teach you about historic farming from this area. Sit back and relax as you drive through the Central Otago wine region and pass the Kawarau Gorge on your way to Old Cromwell Town. Wander the historic streets as the town is bought to life with your themed headsets available in English, Spanish and Mandarin.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Transport by air-conditioned
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Multilingual Themed Headsets
- Plenty Photo Opportunities
- Entry/Admission - Goldfields Mining Centre
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arrowtown Chinese Settlement, Buckingham Street, Arrowtown New Zealand
Take a short walk through the historic mining settlement of Arrowtown
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kawarau Gorge, New Zealand
Take in the breathtaking scenic drive through the Kawarau Gorge as we make our way into Central Otago
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Goldfields Mining Centre, 803 Kawarau Gorge Rd State Highway 6, Cromwell 9310 New Zealand
Discover the history surrounding the rivers, Shotover, Kawarau and Clutha of Central Otago as we sit down for an informative talk with our local guide to discover the hidden gems of this famous Gold Mining era.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Bannockburn, Bannockburn, Cromwell, Central Otago, Otago Region, South Island
Travel to Bannockburn where you can see remains from the Gold Rush in Central Otago, now a large wine producing area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lake Dunstan, Otago, New Zealand
Travel to Lake Dunstan, before the man-made lake was formed this is the site of one of the largest Gold Strikes in Central Otago during the Gold Rush ear.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Shotover River, Otago, New Zealand
See the Famous Shotover River
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.