Private 2 Day Tour: Hobbiton, Waitomo, Rotorua Geothermal & Hamilton Gardens
This two day trip covers the most iconic attractions in New Zealand!
Ideal for travelers with limited time or as a pre or post cruise ship trip. Do not miss out on this amazing 2 day fully customized luxury adventure!
• Pick Up & Drop off at anywhere in Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua or Tauranga.
• Luxury Mercedes Vehicle
• Professional, friendly & knowledgeable tour guide
• Admission & Guided Tour Inside Waitomo Glowworm Cave including a Boat Ride.
• Admission to Te Puia Geothermal Valley in Rotorua.
• 1 Night Accommodation in Rotorua.
• Hobbiton Movie Set Admission & Guided Tour.
• Complimentary Drink (Alcoholic or Non) at Green Dragon Inn inside Hobbiton Village.
• 90min River Cruise at The Hamilton Gardens.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Hamilton Gardens
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Day 1: Pick up, tour of Auckland, Waitomo Glowworm Caves & Rotorua Geothermal Valley
Pass By: Auckland & Beyond Tours, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Pick up can be arranged from any location in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga or Rotorua.
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Be amazed by the thousands of magical glowworms above, as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Guided since the late 1880s, this is the original, iconic New Zealand attraction.
The Waitomo region is home to unforgettable sightseeing attractions. Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms and become a part of over 125 years of cultural and natural history. Our expert guides will draw you into this awesome environment, sharing the Caves' historical and geological significance.
World renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list.
More than 30 million years ago, the legend of Waitomo began with the creation of limestone at the bottom of the ocean. Now these limestone formations stand as one of New Zealand's most inspiring natural wonders and a must-see destination.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Te Puia is New Zealand’s geothermal wonderland, featuring dramatic geysers, bubbling mud pools, traditional Māori carvers and weavers at our national schools, Kiwi birds, an interactive Kids Zone as was well our world famous restaurant, Pātaka Kai.
Experience Te Puia, Experience New Zealand. Situated in Rotorua, Te Puia is an iconic destination for New Zealand families and international visitors.
Discover the hidden corners of our geothermal valley, marvel at skill and creativity of our carvers and weavers. Get up close and personal with live kiwi at our Kiwi Conservation Centre. Our ‘waka’ will shuttle you to view Pohutu geyser, then relax overlooking the geothermal valley from our beautiful restaurant, Pātaka Kai.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in your 4 star accommodation in Rotorua
Day 2: Rotorua, Hobbiton Movie Set, Hamilton Gardens and drop off
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
In the centre of Lake Rotorua is Mokoia Island, the setting for one of New Zealand's most famous love stories.
This beautifully peaceful lake has a violent history. One of several large volcanoes in the Rotorua region, its underlying magma chamber collapsed after a massive eruption around 200,000 years ago. The collapse created a circular caldera about 16 kilometres wide, which filled with water to form the North Island's second largest lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films.
Your guided tour starts with a drive through our picturesque 1,250 acre sheep farm with spectacular views across to the Kaimai Ranges.
Take a look at Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began. Get lost among the hobbit holes and visit the Green Dragon Inn, the mill and the Party Tree. Listen to spell-binding tales of how Hobbiton came to be.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hamilton Gardens, Hungerford Crescent Cobham Drive, Hamilton 3216 New Zealand
One of the Waikato region's most visited attractions, Hamilton Gardens hasn't been developed in the manner of conventional botanic gardens. Instead, it explores the relationships between people and plants, telling the story of gardens through different civilisations, in five garden collections that are spread over 58 hectares.
Hamilton Gardens is home to Te Parapara - New Zealand's first traditional Maori garden. It showcases traditional practices, materials and ceremonies relating to food production and storage, drawn from the knowledge of local Maori which has been passed down the generations.
The Paradise Garden Collection includes gardens that represent China, England, Japan, America, Italy and India. Each garden is highly individual with a totally different design philosophy. Highlights include the Indian Char Bagh Garden, Italian Renaissance Garden, Chinese Scholars’ Garden and more.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up & drop off can be arranged anywhere from Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua or Tauranga.Itinerary is fully customizable.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/19/2021 - 12/14/2022
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.