Private Shore Excursion: Taste of Plenty Food Tour
Join us on a scenic foodie adventure as you taste and sip your way around the Bay of Plenty region, named by the great explorer Captain James Cook.
On this bountiful foodie tour you will get at least 8 tastings which may include: artisan baked goods, local cheeses, seafood, Manuka honey, berries, fruits, famous pies and home made kiwifruit ice cream to name a few. Depending on the day of the tour we may stop at the local farmers market to see the seasonal produce, or it might be a visit to our favourite coffee roaster to learn about the new coffee trends. You will visit kiwi fruit and avocado orchards which dominate agriculture in the region, and I will also take you to one of the most historic and beautiful beaches in New Zealand to taste an iconic kiwi favourite!
If you are foodie you will love this tour!!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private small group tour
- Professional guide
- Light lunch with a glass of wine
- Live commentary on board
- Food tastings
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Optional food products to take home
- Personal expenses
- Taste of Plenty tours generally depart at 9. 30 but times can be adjusted to fit in with ship arrival times or your preferred departure time. You will collected at the Port of Tauranga or local accommodation in an air conditioned vehicle to embark upon a foodie and cultural adventure. As you traverse the Bay of Plenty, you will see lush farmlands, some of the best beaches in New Zealand and the vibrant colonial town and current regional capital city of Tauranga.
Depending on what is in season you will visit orchards, hole in the wall production facilities, retailers and unique stunning locations where other tours don't go! Our local farmers market is always a great stop on a Saturday morning or it might be a specialty delicatessen with local and imported items. Fancy a to an Avocado or kiwi fruit orchard and learning about the importance of these fruits to our region? How about sampling local Dutch cheeses and learning about the influence of the Dutch immigrants on the cheese industry in New Zealand. Don't forget Manuka honey and its magic.
After traversing the countryside we end up at one of the most historic beaches in New Zealand. Sit in the seaside cafe and enjoy a light "kiwi favourite" lunch with a glass of New Zealand wine and marvel at the view before we head back to Tauranga! This is a full day that will leave you with a full belly and a full camera! You will only be hungry for a return visit to the stunning Bay of Plenty!
Departure Point :1 The Mall, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- You must provide your own baby or child seats if required.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.