Private Sunrise Tongariro Alpine Crossing Guided Walk
With the Milky Way at your fingertips and shooting stars streaming in the clarity that only the pre-dawn can achieve, come and see the sunrise at Red Crater and enjoy breakfast alfresco.
Sunrise tours route taken often varies between the standard route to the standard route in reverse, and sometimes a route that takes us back to the start. The route picked is dependent on weather conditions time of year and your needs and ability. The sunrise route is the same route as the daytime tour but with one obvious exception ... NO CROWDS!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All mountain equipment required (including crampons and ice axes during winter)
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the activity
- All clothing and footwear hire
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adrift Tongariro, 53 Carroll Street Tongariro National Park, National Park Village 3948 New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Stunning volcanic mountain
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Ngauruhoe, Tongariro National Park, Turangi New Zealand
Large volcanic mountain showcased on the Lord of the Rings films as Mt Doom
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Off State Highway 48 Mangatepopo Valley, Whakapapa Village, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Stunning one day walk, made even better by being guided by an experienced and knowledgeable guide.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :53 Carroll Street, National Park 3989, New Zealand
Departure Time :1:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Summer only
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A reasonably good level of fitness is required. If you are concerned about your fitness please let your guide know before commencing the walk
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Gear List: Water (1-1.5 litres), Personal medications (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, blister protection etc.), sunscreen, sunglasses, backpack per person, hiking boots, thermal longs and/or walking trousers & over-trousers, 3 warm top layers (wool, merino, thermals, fleece, soft shell etc. are good layers), Waterproof raincoat, Warm hat and gloves.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.