Private Tour: Winter Wine and Scenic Delights Tour from Picton
A private winter wine and scenic tour departing Picton at 10:20am and returning at 4:30pm is the perfect option for discovering Marlborough which has the record for the longest sunshine hours in New Zealand. There are plenty of sensational wines, gourmet delights and stunning scenic landscapes all year round for you to enjoy. Indoor and outdoor itineraries are custom made to suit your day. Travel in comfort with your tour guide, a local owner with experience and knowledge to share. Relax and enjoy the sunshine with views of the snowy mountain tops in the distance. Your tour is custom-made to include any of your requests and your chauffeur/guide can recommend the very best highlights of Marlborough. Our local cuisine at our winery cafes and restaurants is a total experience where you could taste our local mussels and salmon. Lunch is at your cost, however all wine tasting fees are included.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Your Local Chauffeur, Blenheim New Zealand
On this half-day tour from Blenheim you will have time to enjoy wine tasting and delicious gourmet treats. You also have the option of staying on for the full day if you choose. The seat is yours for just a little extra of course.
There will be time to enjoy a light snack or wine/tea/coffee/other at one of the great local winery cafes or restaurants.
Travel through the picturesque Wairau Valley and learn a little about Marlborough before the vines became one of the draw cards that put the Marlborough wine region on the global map. It can be very interesting to hear from the passionate and experienced cellar door staff about the individual growth of the family owned vineyards and the booming wine industry.
Best of all you are coming to taste for yourself the award winning sensational wines, and perhaps the gourmet cuisine and treats. Enjoy tastings of the local gourmet oils, liqueurs, cheeses, special peanut butters, garlic noir and of course Makana Chocolate Boutique Confections is a must stop!
Between December and February, have a chance to taste roadside produce including strawberries, raspberries, cherries, apricots, nectarines and more. You'll enjoy stopping to chat with the market farmers.
Sit back and relax, and enjoy the scenic side of the magnificent landscapes as you travel from place to place and look from high vantage points with spectacular views.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Saint Clair Family Estate Vineyard Kitchen, 13 Selmes Road Rd3, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Award winning and delicious wines. Wine Tasting and lunch options. Enjoy your wine and lunch among their vineyard or have the wine tasting and find your favourite.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Framingham Wines, 19 Conders Bend Road, Renwick 7243 New Zealand
Great riesling and viogner and many other varietals and always the Sauvignon Blanc at all the cellar doors that has put Marlborough on the map as the largest wine producer and exporter
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Vines Village, 193 Rapaura Road, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
An array of options here - wine tasting with Whitehaven wines, Roots Gin and Beer - all in once place for tasting or sitting in the sun overlooking the lake and hills and vineyards. Stop for lunch and savour the chefs best.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All passengers are picked up at their requested destination. And returned to same. Please note this at time of booking.
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Advance bookings are required for some activities and payment on the day is acceptable. Custom choices of activities are planned prior to your arrival once you have confirmed your booking
- Activity entry fees may be subject to minor change
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Your guide will offer health and safety briefing before getting out of the vehicle at each venue or activity as they could have specific requirements that this guide will apply. If possible we will all stay together in our social distancing group and sanitiser will be taken with us at all times.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.