Private Wai-O-Tapu : Lady Knoxs Geyser : Champagne Lake : Polynesian Spa or Agrodome Shore Excursion
Combine two of Rotorua's most popular attractions on this full-day Private Charter shore excursion, from the Port of Tauranga.
Visit the infamous Lady Knox Geyser which regularly erupts every day at 10:15AM. After which Discover Wai-o-tapu ! New Zealand’s most colourful volcanic area with the opportunity to experience a geothermal wonderland of volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making.
In the afternoon you can choose one of the attractions below to visit. Your group can split between each attraction.
The Polynesian Spa Resort! Visit an internationally acclaimed spa facility, so you can pamper yourself in hot mineral pools, Enjoy this unique lakefront thermal spa experience - offering a wonderful fusion of relaxing hot mineral spring bathing.
The Agrodome Farm show, guaranteed to have you laughing with the antics performed on stage by the farm animals.
per adult from
What's included :
- Driver/Tour escort/host
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- After leaving the Port we take in the sights of Mount Maunganui with a drive along one of the best beaches in New Zealand. After leaving the coastline, we head into the lush countryside, and our to your way to Rotorua, passing lakes and forests, and seeing the first hint of the geothermal area you are heading to. First venue the Lady Knox Geyser! At 10.15am each day there is the opportunity to learn the history and mechanics of the Lady Knox Geyser during a presentation by an informed guide in a natural amphitheatre. It provides a unique opportunity to see a geyser in eruption to heights of 10 to 20 metres. After which a short journey to Wia-o-tapu geothermal wonderland to experience volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making, Wai-O-Tapu is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand. The nature of the reserve being an active volcanic area with undulating terrain.
After leaving Wai-o-tapu your group has the choice to visit either the Polynesian Spa (guests over 14 years only), or the Agrodome Farm Show. Your group may split up for the afternoon taking advantage of the different attractions on offer.
The Polynesian Spa is a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat. Renowned for its healing waters and decadent therapies, discover why people have flocked to these waters since the 1800s. Here you can experience the private elite facilities of the Polynesian Spa’s geothermal hot mineral waters, which are sourced from two natural springs and feed into 28 hot mineral pools. The Priest Spring has slightly acidic water which relieves tired muscles, aches and pains. The Rachel Spring is a source of alkaline water, which features the antiseptic action of sodium silicate nourishing the skin. It was historically said that those who bathe in the waters of the Rachel Spring are blessed with ageless beauty.
The Agrodome - Get ready for a fun-packed time of entertainment and education for the whole family… the legendary Agrodome Farm Show! You’ll hear amazing facts and have a few laughs as you’re introduced to 19 breeds of sheep. Then, witness a live sheep shearing demonstration and a fun sheep auction with bidding from the floor and audience participation. But the animal stars are not just sheep. The remarkable farm dogs will amaze you, as they demonstrate their ability to respond to commands and keep those sheep (and ducks!) in line! If a hands-on experience is what you want, jump up on stage for the opportunity to feed the baby lambs or even hand-milk a cow! After the show you can visit the Farmyard Nursery, which is home to the cutest baby animals who are available for cuddles and photos all year round!
Departure Point :Salisbury Avenue - cruise port
Departure Time :If your ship docks before 07.15am the tour departure time will be 08.15am For ships docking between 07.15am - 08.15am tour departure time will be 09.00am For ships docking between 08.15am - 09.15am tour departure time will be 10.00am For ships docking between 09.15am - 10.15am tour departure time will be 11.00am For ships docking between 10.15am - 11.15am tour departure time will be 12.00am Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship! Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from date of tour. And updated 24-48 hours before if needed!
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern manufactured 2017/18 vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick up time will be sent to you after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from the date of tour (or upon booking if within 30 days).
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Guests must be 14 years or over to enjoy The Polynesian Spa
- The Lady Knox's geyser erupts everyday at 10.15am every morning (if your cruise ship arrives later than 7.45am you may miss the eruption at 10.15am).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.