Queen Charlotte Sound Mail Boat Cruise
The Mail has been delivered by boat for over 150 years in the Queen Charlotte Sounds, we are the only official licensed New Zealand Post Rural Delivery Service by water in the Queen Charlotte Sound making this a truly unique tour!
Come along on the Mail Boat Cruise and share the excitement of Mail Day as the skipper delivers the Rural post bags, groceries and freight to the residents that call the Queen Charlotte Sound waterways home.
If time allows the Mail Boat Cruise will take a short stop at one of the brilliant locations within the Queen Charlotte waterways, you route will shown upon check in.
Available to purchase for $5 in the office before you depart are Beachcomber Cruises keep cups, we no longer use single use cups on board our vessels due the huge environmental impact. Upon purchase of a Beachcomber Cruises keep cup guests can enjoy tea and coffee onboard for the duration of the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Restroom on board
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Queen Charlotte Sound, Queen Charlotte Walk, Picton New Zealand
Cruise through the tranquil waterways of the Queen Charlotte Sound, see wildlife and native flora and fauna along the way
Departure Point :1 London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Guests are welcome to bring their own food and drinks to consume on board
- Closed-toe walking shoes suitable for walking are recommended
- Not accessible for motorized wheelchairs
- Please Note: The stop at Ship Cove only occurs during Summer months of 1st Oct to 30th April
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- We are not able to pick up / drop off at the Cruise Ship Terminal - you must make your way to our booking office
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that this tour departs sharply on schedule at 1:30pm
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.