Queenstown Lake Alta Remarkables Hike
Lake Alta Hike is the perfect half day hike in Queenstown!
Lake Alta is a glacial lake tucked up in the Remarkables mountain range and is the perfect destination for a breath-taking half-day hike featuring dramatic views overlooking Queenstown.
We begin by driving up to the Remarkables ski field which gives us a head start before we make our way up to Shadow Basin through alpine herb fields, we then traverse across the ridge line which has spectacular views across the valley before we drop down to Lake Alta.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hiking poles (if required)
What's excluded :
- I'll meet you in the lobby of your Hotel at 9am, the vehicle will take care of the majority of the elevation gain for us today so we can take our time to enjoy the last part of the climb up to the Remarkables ridge for stunning panoramic views overlooking Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown.
We’ll begin our walk at the Remarkables ski field car park located at 1600m, about a 40-minute drive from Queenstown, which gives us a substantial head start for our hike.
From here, it’s a steady climb up to Shadow Basin at 1900m. We’ll then traverse across the ridge line and drop down to Lake Alta for some amazing photos of this mountain lake and the great Scenery over looking Queenstown. We will enjoy a gourmet picnic before heading back down to Queenstown and I'll have you back at your hotel about 1.30pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup in your Hotel or Lodge in Queenstown
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress Code: sturdy hiking boots, a light rain jacket, change of clothes, water bottle, warm hat, sun hat, gloves, sunglasses
- Any personal medication you need and camera
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative hike or tour
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.