Rangitoto Island Full Day Guided Walk
This is the only guided walking tour to Rangitoto Island in Auckland, run by the Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki Māori Iwi of Auckland, the original people of these islands. In one day out from the city you'll cruise on the beautiful Waitematā harbour, walk with your guide on a dormant volcano, explore pristine beaches (with time for a swim if you're keen), learn all about the unique flora, fauna and conservation work on these predator free islands, enjoy the best views of Auckland from the summit but most importantly learn about the stories and customs of the Ngā Tai Māori people of Auckland.
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch and snacks are included. Please let us know of any specific dietary requirements, we can cater for anything as long as we know in advance.
- Bottled water - We will provide drinking water but please bring more if you drink a lot while hiking, there is no water available on the island and it can get hot in summer.
- Day Packs & Walking Poles are available free of charge.
- Return ferry ticket included.
- Entry/Admission - Waitemata Harbour
- Entry/Admission - Rangitoto Island
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitemata Harbour, Auckland New Zealand
Your day starts with a scenic ferry ride across Auckland's stunning Waitematā harbour.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Rangitoto Island, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
You'll spend 6 hours on Auckland's iconic Rangitoto Island, exploring tracks, beaches, the world's largest Pohutakawa forest, lava fields, caves and of course the best views of Auckland and the harbour from the summit.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Rangitoto Summit Track, Rangitoto Island, Auckland New Zealand
You'll visit the summit of the dormant volcano of Rangitoto, for the best views of Auckland City and the Hauraki Gulf.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Downtown Ferry Terminal, Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Must be able to walk unassisted on uneven ground for up to 15km (9.3 miles). Good health and fitness is required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.