Remutaka Cycle Trail Highlights Tour
Experience the highlights of The Remutaka Cycle Trail! Discover the Remutaka Incline's native bush and rail history, then explore the Wild Coast in all it's rugged beauty. 35km of moderate to challenging riding, across an all-inclusive 8-hour trip.
Cycle through native, bird-filled forest, over bridges and through tunnels while enjoying views of the natural landscape and the old railway system. Reach Summit then embark on a fun descent to Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, before being shuttled through some of NZ's most scenic farmland to the coast for your afternoon ride around the coast to Orongorongo. We've seen orca, dolphins and seals in this area, and the landscapes are rugged but stunning.
You will be provided with everything you will need for your adventure - transport to and from your accommodation, bikes with trunk bags for your personal effects, and all food - so all you need to do is wear appropriate clothing and be ready to ride!
per adult from
What's included :
- All food and water provided - snacks, light lunch, water.
- All equipment - mountain bikes / eBikes, helmets and other safety gear, racks and a pannier bag.
- All transport - shuttles to and from your hotel / pickup point, and any other transports required throughout day.
- Knowledgeable and friendly host, who will provide information regarding the trail and what to expect throughout the day.
- All taxes/fees are included in the headline price - no hidden extras.
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - you will be shuttled to/from each location and briefed on the trail.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Hutt Valley and shuttle you to the start of the trail
Stop At: Remutaka Rail Trail - Kaitoke, Unnamed Road, Kaitoke, Upper Hutt 5372, New Zealand
Start your adventure with a very gradual incline through native bush. Pass through tunnels (headlights provided!) and over bridges, while checking out information boards detailing the enormous task of constructing the old fell railway system. Reach the summit - a large grassy plateau perfect for a picnic or cold drink - then enjoy a fun (but easily controllable!) descent to Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, surrounded by some of NZ's most scenic farmland.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Lake Wairarapa, Lake Domain Road, Lake Reserve, Featherston 5771 New Zealand
Jump into the shuttle at Cross Creek, then we'll drive past Lake Wairarapa all the way down to Ocean Beach
Stop At: Wainuiomata Coast 5373, New Zealand
Jump on your bike again at Ocean Beach and head around the coast to Orongorongo and on to Days Bay if desired. Our staff have seen orca, dolphins and seals in this area - it's an incredible part of the country. Though beautiful and one of the highlights of the Remutaka Cycle Trail, it is quite rugged and not for all riders - please read the trail info thoroughly before committing and opt for an ebike if you're at all concerned about distances or timing!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington or the Hutt Valley (to be advised by customer)Airports
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
- CentrePort Wellington, 2 Fryatt Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favourable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 12
- Minimum of 2 people per booking
- Maximum of 12 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.