Remutaka Rail Trail Explorer - Cruise Ship Cycle Excursion
Cruise through the flagship section of the Remutaka Cycle Trail on a supported cycle tour with Cycle Remutaka, discovering the Remutaka Ranges' rich rail history & natural beauty. The flagship daytrip of the Remutaka Cycle Trail, this is suitable for riders of all levels, and can be lengthened or shortened to suit you. 18/25km of easy/moderate riding, and even easier planning - we pick you up and drop you back to port, and provide all equipment and food, so all you have to do is step off the ship ready to ride!
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Capable & comfortable mountain bike / eBike with helmet
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Knowledgeable local driver to brief you and answer any questions along the way
- Lunch, snacks & bottled water
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - your friendly driver will brief you along the way and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
Pass By: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up from the cruise ship port in Wellington, we'll then drive to the start of the trail
Stop At: Remutaka Rail Trail - Kaitoke, Unnamed Road, Kaitoke, Upper Hutt 5372, New Zealand
Start your adventure with a very gradual incline through native bush. Pass through tunnels (headlights provided!) and over bridges, while checking out information boards detailing the enormous task of constructing the old fell railway system. Reach the summit - a large grassy plateau perfect for a picnic or cold drink - then enjoy a fun (but easily controllable!) descent to Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, surrounded by some of NZ's most scenic farmland.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Wairarapa, Wairarapa, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up at Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, before heading back over the Remutaka Ranges, through the Hutt Valley and back to the cruise ship port
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise your ship disembarking time - we will meet you at the port then.
- Please advise height of each rider (important so we can prepare the right size of bike for you).
- Please wear appropriate clothing on the day - closed shoes with either shorts or tight-fitting pants for riding, along with a tshirt or similar and fleece / jumper in reserve.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers