Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour
Discover the Remutaka Ranges' rich rail history & natural beauty, the meandering Hutt River trail, and the beautiful Eastern Bays. Taking in some of the best parts of the the Remutaka Cycle Trail, this is a challenging ride with a steep uphill climb to begin with. 65km of moderate riding.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Capable and comfortable mountain bike / eBike with helmet and repair kit, customised to your height and riding preferences
- Packed lunch, snacks and water
- Maps and information
- First aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Complementary kayak or SUP hire in Days Bay (seasonal)
- Ferry from Days Bay (5.30pm) back to Wellington's CBD
- Entry/Admission - Days Bay
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Hutt Valley and shuttle you to the start of the trail
Pass By: Wairarapa, Wairarapa, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll shuttle you over the Remutaka ranges and into the Wairarapa at Cross Creek.
Stop At: Kaitoke Regional Park Waterworks Road Entrance New Zealand
Head up the incline, passing through tunnels (headlights provided!) and over bridges, while checking out information boards detailing the enormous task of constructing the old fell railway system. Reach the summit - a large grassy plateau perfect for a picnic or cold drink - then enjoy a fun descent to Kaitoke car park.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Pakuratahi Forest, Mangaroa, Upper Hutt 5371 New Zealand
Cycle through the forest, through another tunnel and down into Maymorn. Cycle through the village until you reach the Hutt River Trail
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hutt River, Kaitoke Regional Park Hutt City, 2004 New Zealand
Cycle the Hutt River Trail from Te Marua down to the river's mouth at Seaview, stopping at the number scenic picnic stops on the way.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Days Bay, Wellington New Zealand
Cycle from Seaview around the Eastern Bays to Days Bay, your finishing point! From here, enjoy a refreshing drink or gelato, before jumping on the ferry for an evening cruise back to Wellington CBD.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt.Airports
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
- CentrePort Wellington, 1 Hinemoa Street, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise height of each rider (important so we can prepare the right size of bike for you).
- Please advise of any dietary considerations you may have.
- Please wear appropriate clothing on the day - closed shoes with either shorts or tight-fitting pants for riding, along with a tshirt or similar and fleece / jumper in reserve.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.