Riverbug adventures in the Bay of Plenty
Riverbugging is a new and exciting way to experience whitewater. Their small size and unique paddling system make riverbugs safe, manoeuvrable and easy to use. Great fun for first-timers and experienced paddlers alike. Only available in the Bay of Plenty with riverbug.nz
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - A healthy wholesome snack with vegan options at the finishing point by the river.
What's excluded :
Awesome whitewater riverbugging on the Rangitaiki River through a spectacular gorge in Eastern Bay of Plenty. The tour starts near Lake Aniwhenua at the impressive Aniwhenua Falls, where we get ready for the river, pulling on wetsuits and safety equipment, and do the dry part of the briefing... Aniwhenua Falls makes a spectacular backdrop, as we get on the river at the base of the falls for part 2 of the briefing (the wet part!) Then it's off down the river – the really FUN part! Ride the rapids, learn some tricks, relax between rapids and marvel at the rugged beauty and remoteness though the gorge. Sheer rock walls with cascading waterfalls and caves with overhangs are some of the scenic highlights. We love sharing this special place and telling you about the area, its people, and its stories. The tour includes a picnic snack at the finishing point and return shuttle to your vehicle. Time on the river is around 2 hours, allow 3.5 - 4 hours in total.
A unique river experience with fun, exciting whitewater and stunning scenery.
Departure Point :Lake Aniwhenua Camping Area, 71 Black Road, Galatea 3079, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.