Rock Climbing Christchurch
The 30 min drive up to the climbing area will take you through some of Christchurch’s most affluent suburbs, affording uninterrupted views from the Pacific Ocean to the Southern Alps in the west. Our climbing areas are scattered across the summit of an enormous extinct volcano that formed Banks Penninsula and Lyttelton Harbour. With over 2000 established climbing routes, Christchurch is one of the largest and most popular climbing areas in New Zealand.
Your guide will set up the ropes and give you a safety briefing and belay lesson before you start your first climb. Once you’re feeling confident with the climbing systems your guide will review the abilities of the group and continue to set up some climbs that will be challenging, achievable and safe for the group.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Use of Climbing & safety equeptment
What's excluded :
Spend a day rock climbing on the Port Hills at one of Christchurch’s most spectacular climbing areas. If you’re completely new to climbing and just want to give it a go or, a seasoned climber looking for some local tips this is the trip for you.
Departure Point :97 Cashmere Road, Cashmere, Christchurch 8022, New ZealandTraveler pickup is offeredPorts
- The Lyttelton Harbour Information Centre, 20 Oxford Street, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Departure Time :09:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.