Rotorua and Geothermal Living Maori Village Tour
Visit an authentic Living Maori Village deep in the geothermal region of Rotorua on this full-day excursion including a Hangi Lunch. Tour with a local Maori guide and learn about how the villagers have adapted to the harsh geothermal environment. You tour will also include visits to a working kiwi fruit orchard, the Redwood forest, famous Government Gardens and Rotorua Lake. This is a small group tour with a maximum group size of 16 travelers per booking.
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Maori cultural performance
- FREE HANGI LUNCH
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Souvenir shopping
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Experience an authentic Māori Village where people live on a daily basis. Learn what it is like to live in the challenging environment of Whakarewarewa where daily life includes cooking in the bubbling pools and bathing in the therapeutic waters.
Learn about Māori culture and traditions, with many examples of crafts on display.
View geothermal wonders including the world famous Pohutu Geyser, boiling mud-pools and steam vents.
See how the locals prepare and cook Hangi meals in the in-ground steam boxes and cook corn in the bubbling water of the geothermal hot pools.
View the various historical landmarks and buildings, including an active Marae, two historic churches, and tapu (sacred) burial grounds.
Watch a cultural performance with traditional song and dance, and experience the fearsome Haka, with bulging eyes and beating chests, made famous by NZ Sporting teams.
Enjoy a Hangi lunch at the Village cafe and taste the delicious food cooked in the underground geothermal steam boxes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Views of the lake - the central focal point of Rotorua
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
The impressive Elizabethan style building dominating the Government Gardens was the first health spa in New Zealand and now houses the Rotorua Museum. We will point out some of the features of the gardens, including the Blue Baths and Rachel's Spring, and stop for photos among the impressive flowerbeds.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cruise Tours Tauranga, 1 The Mall, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3110, New Zealand
Start and end point of the tour
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :1 The Mall, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
The meeting point for passengers off the cruise ships is on the grass by the flag poll just outside the port pedestrian exit gate on Salisbury Avenue. If you are not travelling on a cruise ship then this is still the meeting point unless you have made an alternative arrangement with us.Ports
- Tauranga New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your own infant/child seat if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We suggest layers with hats and sunscreen
- Tour departure time may change due to early and/or late ship arrivals and departures. You will be notified at time of booking Please check your emails to confirm tour departure times.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.