Rotorua Day Trip; Waimangu Volcanic Valley and the Blue Spring
-See some of New Zealand's most beautiful and unique natural phenomena.
-Get off the beaten track to some of the lesser-known and more stunning destinations.
-All in a convenient day trip from Auckland, get picked up and dropped off at your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley ; Choose either Self Guided Walk, or Lake Rotomahana Boat Cruise
- Optional ; Tour or Rotorua City
- Visit to the Blue Spring
- Entry/Admission - Hamilton Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hamilton Gardens, Hungerford Crescent Cobham Drive, Hamilton 3216 New Zealand
After a 1.5 hour drive, we will arrive at the Hamilton Gardens for a coffee break and chance to stretch the legs. Wander through this incredible collection of gardens, never knowing what you'll find around the next corner
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
The Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption caused dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley.
Explore Waimangu through a variety of self-guided nature walks, hikes, interpretive signage, and imagine and feel the unique geothermal features, regenerating forest, bird life, botany, and culture and legacy of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
Waimangu is a “must do” eco-experience for those who wish to experience NZ’s unique ecology, botany and geothermal features.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
We have 1 hour in Rotorua for a lunch break. Choose to explore on your own, or stick with the van for a short tour of the city, including the Government Gardens, Lake Rotorua and Te Arawa Waka Taua (A Maori War Canoe)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Blue Spring, Leslie Road, Putaruru 3483 New Zealand
The Blue Spring at Te Waihou Walkway is internationally acclaimed with water so pure it supplies around 60% of New Zealand’s bottled water.
The spring is fed from the Mamaku Plateau where the water takes up to 100 years to filter through; the resulting water is so pure and clean that it produces a beautiful blue colour while being virtually clear.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/17/2019 - 10/23/2021
Wednesday: 06:30 AM - 06:30 PM Friday: 06:30 AM - 06:30 PM Saturday: 06:30 AM - 06:30 PM Sunday: 06:30 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.