Rotorua Highlights with Te Puia - Tauranga Shore Excursion
The best way to experience top Tauranga destination - Rotorua!
Inc: Admission to Te Puia & New Zealand Maori Arts & Crafts - see details below "What You Can Expect"
Full commentary on tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Maori Cultural performance at Te Puia
- Tour typically departs at approximately 9:00am from the gates of Port of Tauranga (Mt Maunganui). We head directly to Rotorua.
The tour features city sights of Rotorua, and ample time at Te Puia to enjoy a guided tour & to explore.
Te Puia admission details
Te Puia is located in the Te Whakarewarewa valley, a geothermally active region of New Zealand. It is home to the famous Pohutu and Te Tohu (Prince of Wales’ Feathers) geysers. It also serves as home to the New Zealand Maori Arts & Crafts Institute – an active repository of knowledge and training of Maori cultural arts and culture.
As part of your admission, we recommend that you take one of the guided tours which operate each hour – or feel free to explore (with maps provided) on your own.
See spectacular geysers (steam & water eruptions), boiling mud pools, hot pools and lots of native plants in the surrounding area.
In the Maori Arts & Crafts institute, see craftsmen at work carving as well as traditional flax weaving.
The Kiwi House enables you to see the classic New Zealand iconic bird in a nocturnal environment which it prefers.
You may wish to take in cultural performance at the Marae or meeting house (at your own expense).
Departure Point :Outside main port entrance - Salisbiry St, Mt Maunganui, Tauranga.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.