Rotorua Small Group Tour incl Te Puia, Traditional Maori Buffet Lunch & Concert
Experience the world famous geothermal and Maori cultural wonders of Te Puia. This unforgettable tour combines natures power and beauty with Maori culture all in one day.
• Te Puia Geothermal Park & Pohutu
• Maori Cultural Village and Arts School
• Rotorua City Highlights
• Waikato Farm Region
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it’s our small groups, guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
This day tour gives you the time to explore Te Puia fully and participate in the activities there, unlike many other tours. Led by our passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
What's included :
- Small Group & Fully Guided Tour
- Entry Tickets
- Lunch - Traditional Maori Hangi Buffet Lunch
- Bottled water
- Optional extra - One-way option from Auckland to Rotorua
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
What's excluded :
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
Stop At: Waikato Region, Waikato Region, North Island
Exiting Auckland we travel south through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, encountering beautiful scenery, mighty rivers, great photo opportunities, impressive mountains and several farm animals along the way. During our adventure in the Waikato we will also stop for a quick coffee break at a special location.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Tirau, Tirau, Waikato Region, North Island
Continuing our journey to Rotorua we pass through Tirau, famously dubbed the 'Corrugated Iron Capital of the World' because of the many unique corrugated iron sculptures and buildings. This town never fails to get a look and a laugh and our guides will point out all the main highlights on the way through.
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Arriving at our feature destination, Te Puia, you will receive a fully guided tour to best experience the geothermal and cultural wonders including: Pōhutu Geyser, Māori Architecture, The National Māori Arts School, geothermal craters, geothermal events and even the chance to view a Kiwi bird in the Kiwi viewing house. Your ticket price also includes the Maori Cultural Performance and Traditional Maori Hangi Buffet Lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
To finish off our Rotorua experience we do a guided driving tour seeing the most famous sites in Rotorua city including: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua Museum, Government Gardens, Whangapipiro (Rachel Spring) & the Blue Baths. If there is time, we may even visit a special souvenir shop for some discounted shopping and to try Manuka Honey.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Auckland, Auckland, North Island
Sadly we must start to head north again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland with secret stops along the way.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges Hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Four Points by Sheraton, Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland, SkyCity Hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland City, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland City (Hobson Street), St Martins Waldorf Apartment Hotel, Tetra Serviced Apartments by Nesuto, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (Pick up from Butterfly Creek)
- Ports of Auckland (Pick up from M Social)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children aged 7 years and below are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with 24 hours notice).
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately and wear comfortable walking shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides