Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
Rotorua Tour including Te Puia from Auckland (small groups)
One day tour from Auckland to the famous geothermal wonders of Rotorua including Te Puia Geothermal Park and
Maori cultural village.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our modern comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Rotorua. During the trip south, you will encounter stunning
scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and several different farm animals. We will also pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade.
Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. From here we head to one of the most famous attractions in New Zealand, Te Puia Geothermal Park. Once inside the park we stop for lunch and we highly recommend trying the traditional Maori Hangi lunch.
After lunch we set off for a fully guided tour around this amazing park to see it's geothermal and cultural wonders. You will see Pōhutu Geyser, Māori Architecture, Māori craft school, geothermal craters, geothermal vents and even the chance to view a kiwi bird in the kiwi viewing house.
Upgrade and enjoy a traditional Maori concert including a demonstration of the world-famous Haka.
Finally, our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland or you can choose to be dropped off at a central location in Rotorua instead.
- Entry tickets and a guided tour of Te Puia
- Guided tour of Rotorua city
- Beautiful scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Professionally guided tour about New Zealand and the culture
- Movie or entertainment during drive
- Refreshments & Snacks
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to the Hotel
- CBD Hotel/airport pick up and drop off
- Transport in a modern comfortable minibuses
- Day 1 : Rotorua Tour including Te Puia from Auckland (small groups)Highlights: Fully guided tour from Auckland in small groups, Te Puia guided tour, Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, Pohutu Geyser, boiling mud pools, Kiwi bird encounter, Maori cultural performance (optional extra, not included in tour price), Fitzgerald Glade, Waikato farming region, Waikato River, refreshments and snacks provided, lunch stop with options for a tradition Maori style Hangi (optional extra not included in price. Tour departs time: 6am, Tour duration: 12-12.5 hoursMeals :None
Tour start time 7am
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only, starting up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Hotel Auckland.
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, SO/ Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, Waldorf Stadium Apartments.
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland, Ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, Skycity hotel, Skycity Grand Hotel.
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Auckland City Hotel, Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Kiwi International Hotel, Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, YHA Auckland City, VR Hotel.
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.
$10.00 NZD per person for on board Mobile WiFi
$15.00 NZD per person to add the Maori Culture Performance (45 minutes)
$50.00 Car Seat (Safety Seat for Children)