Rotorua Twin Village Experience
Experience an authentic cultural encounter that is rich in traditions passed on from generation to generation, set in a landscape where your senses will come alive. Immerse yourself in our unique Māori Culture in the Whakarewarewa village on a guided tour through our real Living Māori Village to Violent and unexpected, the volcanic eruption of Mt Tarawera of New Zealand's greatest natural disasters at the buried village of Rotorua. New Zealand’s most visited archaeological site where stories Tarawera volcanic Eruption come to life and telling tales of the 8th Wonder of the World, the Pink and White Terraces.
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to Whakarewarewa Maori Living Village with cultural show
- Admission to the buried Village of Te Wairoa
- Access to Te Wairoa Trail and Waterfalls
- Discover the biggest active geyser in the Southern Hemisphere-Pōhutu Geyser
- Explore the walking track to see beautiful lakes, boiling mud-pools, steam vents and bubbling pools
- Discover the vibrancy of Māori culture and their fascinating traditions
- Enjoy a traditional cooking demonstration
- Encounter the award winning Museum of Te Wairoa exhibition
- View the extensive collection of excavated objects from the 1800’s
- Explore the archaeological sites which reveal the devastation
- Take the beautiful waterfall trail which showcases the stunning Te Wairoa Falls
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
- Entry/Admission - Buried Village of Te Wairoa
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Experience an authentic cultural encounter that is rich in traditions passed on from generation to generation, set in a landscape where your senses will come alive. The Living village is a popular tourism destination that incorporates the magnificence of the geothermal landscape and the unique experience of a traditional Maori village, a place of natural wonder and spiritual significance. 500 hot springs and 65 geyser vents are set among the distinctly colourful sinter terraces & pools that make up the Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley.
Discover the wonders of Mother Nature & learn how we have come to live in harmony within this unique environment. The guided tours are entertaining & informative with a focus on giving everyone an understanding of the Maori history, culture & how the villagers live in the challenging Whakarewarewa Geothermal field and the significance of protecting it for future generations. Experience our Maori Cultural Performances entertaining you through song and dance.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Buried Village of Te Wairoa, 1180 Tarawera Road RD 5 Rotorua, Rotorua 3076 New Zealand
From an enriching memories of the living village we move on to the haunting echoes of the past. New Zealand’s most visited archaeological site where stories Tarawera volcanic Eruption come to life. Visit and learn how Māori and early settlers lived and worked together, guiding visitors to see the world famous Pink and White Terraces. Enjoy a leisurely walk through our 12-acre grounds and explore the sites that have been excavated from the village. Hear the stories of Tarawera in our award-winning museum. Visit the mesmerizing natural Te Wairoa (Wairere Falls), plunging to the valley along our Waterfall Trails. Discover the unique geology of the Rotorua region and how the eruption changed and shaped the area forever. Meet the unique personalities that shaped the early tourism industry in New Zealand.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Easy level of fitness is required and comfortable shoes with a good grip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, and bring a camera & any essential personal items.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides