Routeburn Track Day Hike from Queenstown (Privately Guided)
Experience a privately guided day hike on the Routeburn Track which is one of New Zealand’s 9 Great Walks and is the ultimate alpine adventure!
You will leisurely hike alongside the picturesque Routeburn river before heading up to Bridal Veil Waterfall and a swing bridge then leads through to the majestic Routeburn Flats where you will find a stunning spot to rest and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch. After lunch you will then continue hiking up to the Routeburn Falls Hut through spectacular beech forest and take in views of the Humboldt Mountains.
Learn about the history, birdlife, flora and fauna in this remarkable part of New Zealand and enjoy hiking at your own pace with your local private guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Picnic Lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hiking poles (if required)
- Day pack (if required)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Transportation to/from attraction
What's excluded :
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Queenstown for a picturesque hour drive along the lake towards Glenorchy. This stretch of road between Queenstown and Glenorchy was recently named “one of the most beautiful drives in the world” by Lonely Planet and you’ll see why at the stop at Bennett’s Bluff lookout along the way.
The beech forest signals the beginning of Mt Aspiring National Park where the journey starts, on the renowned Routeburn Track. It is a leisurely walk on a smooth and flat path following the picturesque Route Burn river before heading up to the Bridal Veil Waterfall. A swing bridge then leads through to the spectacular alpine pastures of the Routeburn Flats. You will learn about the history, birdlife, flora, and fauna in this remarkable part of New Zealand.
After finding a tranquil spot to rest, take in the views and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch. Return back to walk back along the same track, this is a great option if you enjoy more of a scenic walk/hike as it is a total of 13km or 8 miles return and can take between 2 to 3 hours of walking time at a leisurely pace and gives you more time to marvel at the views.
If you are a keen hiker and feeling adventurous have the option of continuing up to the Routeburn Falls Hut which leads through stunning beech forest to take in the spectacular views of the Humboldt Mountains and the valley below. Recommended for people with a good fitness level as it is a total of 17.6km or 11 miles and can take between 5 to 7 hours of walking at a good pace.
This is the perfect option if you do not have time to do the full 3-day hike and you get to experience hiking over half of the Routeburn Track!
After your amazing hiking experience on one of New Zealand’s Great Walks, will then start the head back to Queenstown, where you will enjoy sitting back and taking in the views.
Departure Point :Your Hotel or Lodge
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Sturdy hiking boots, a light rain jacket, change of clothes, water bottle, warm hat, sun hat, gloves, sunglasses, any personal medication you need and a camera
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years as it is a minimum of 13 km or 8 miles of walking required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative hike or tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.