Shore Excursion: Guided Sea Kayaking through Akaroa Marine Reserve
Join one of the best kayak adventures in New Zealand, jump into a safe stable sea kayak and follow our local guides as we take you on a spectacular tour through an untouched marine reserve which now exists in a flooded volcanic crater from millions of years ago. The geology and scenery will blow your mind during this 3-hour small-group wildlife and sea-kayaking safari. Paddle along through the clear blue water, you get the feeling you are in a postcard! Your guide will keep watch for sightings of native endangered New Zealand animal and bird life. Pause for a snack break on a nearby beach, and enjoy a little free time to explore, swim, or soak up the serenity at your leisure. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, This activity is often voted the highlight of a NZ holiday!
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Kayak safari
- On water photographs
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Transport to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akaroa Guided Kayak Safari, Akaroa 7520 New Zealand
Our Guided Sea Kayak Safari's take place in beautiful Akaroa- this is one of the best locations to sea kayak in NZ! Join us for a once in a lifetime opportunity to paddle through a marine reserve in an extinct volcano basin. Highlights include jaw dropping scenery, amazing geology that is unique to the area and the chance to see some of the most endangered marine life on the planet including Hector Dolphins, White-flipper penguins, NZ fur seals and native sea birds..Small group numbers are key as we are visiting fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural areas, enjoy exploring this marine reserve in a low-impact and environmentally responsible way with your own nature/kayak guide answering all of your questions along the way while keeping you safe on the water.. Close encounters. No noise, No engines, No crowds, No pollution.
So come and join us! Explore, Experience and Enjoy!
Paradise awaits only 80 minutes from Christchurch!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :40F Rue Lavaud, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are arriving via cruise ship our meeting point is outside the bowling club in AkaroaPorts
- Akaroa i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 65 Rue Lavaud, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
- Lyttelton Port of Christchurch, 41 Chapmans Road, Hillsborough, Christchurch 8022, New Zealand
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.