Shore Excursion: Scenic Rafting from Napier
We are unique in that we offer this beautiful trip into our back yard with history from guides with over 30 years experience on the river and stories from maori elders going back 33 generations (or so).
All trips get clients back onto the cruiseships well before departure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
This trip starts from either your ship or in Napier city, then bus 45 minutes into the heart of the north island. Thie activity is a scenic raft trip down grade 2 rapids whilie listening to bird song. Also included is a narrative on the local history of the area going right back 80 million years, through to pre european times with local maori and into the near past and present. This activity is also great for families with children being able to swim down river and drinking the fresh water all in a safe environment. Grade 2 rapids are fun but small so if you dont wish to get to wet dont jump in. Photos of your trip are available either mailed to you or on our facebook page free of charge. A homemade lunch is provided afterwards before heading back to your ship or to Napier to checkout Art deco buildings. Timewise we like everyone back on board your ship 2 hours before ship departure.
All safety and rafting equipment is supplied, just bring Bathers if you wish, a towel and sunscreen.
• Raftfishnz, 123 McVicar Road, Te Haroto 4182, New Zealand
Departure Point :Napier, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can either pick up from the port or from Napier city.Ports
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.