Skip the Line: Shantytown Heritage Park Experience Ticket
Step back in time and discover a replica gold-rush village set in the late 1800’s. . Discover legendary stories through a fascinating mix of experience and display. Ride the Steam Train through native rain forest, experience the sights and sounds of a working sawmill, watch the sluice gun blast gold bearing rock and soil from the earth, then follow the races to the gold claim and pan for your own gold, a strike is guaranteed! There are over 30 shops and buildings to explore!
per adult from
1 to 8 hours
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Gold Panning
- Old Time Photos
- All Food and Beverages
- Visit: Shantytown Heritage Park, 316 Rutherglen Rd Paroa, Greymouth 7805 New Zealand
Shantytown is conveniently located between the West Coast's major towns Greymouth and Hokitika - just 3kms off the main highway (SH6)
Open Daily 10am - 3pm (expect Christmas Day) We recommend you allow at least 90 minutes for the full Shantytown experience.
On arrival you will be provided with a self-guide visitors map - we offer these in 10 different languages so please ask at the ticketing office if we can provide one in your preferred language.
To make the most of your visit please note the heritage train departure times and plan your time at Shantytown around this. Trains leave at 11:00am, 12:30pm & 2:00pm.
Our highly experience gold claim staff can show you the techniques and tips on how to pan for gold. The gold panning experience is $7.00 per pan and can be purchased at the Shantytown Gold Claim.
Onsite facilities include:
• Public Toilets
• Licensed Bar
• Post Office Services
• Full conference, Weddings and Event Facilities
Departure Point :Shantytown Heritage Park, 316 Rutherglen Rd Paroa, Greymouth 7805 New Zealand
Departure Time :10/1/2020 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.