Skippers Canyon - Professional Photography & Exclusive Guided 4WD Tour
The Skippers Road is a historic route we travel via 4WD. Built during the gold rush we drive high above the Kawerau River giving you a historic context of what life was like for the original settlers of Skippers Canyon, sharing stories, tales and showing you relics from the past.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - Homemade organic baking using traditional settlers recipes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Coronet Peak
- Entry/Admission - Skippers Road Lookout
- Entry/Admission - Kawarau River
- Entry/Admission - Historic Skippers School
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coronet Peak, Queenstown New Zealand
A brief pause for a geography lesson on the glacial formation of the basin, posing for photography.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Skippers Road Lookout, Coronet Peak 9371, New Zealand
Views down Long Gully. The entrance to the route into Skippers for the Gold Rush.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kawarau River, New Zealand
Overlooking the Kawerau we take in the panoramic views of Maori Point and continue our 4WD tour into Skippers Village and School House for a homemade organic morning or afternoon tea.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Historic Skippers School, Skippers Road, Queenstown 9371 New Zealand
A tour of the schoolhouse and portrait photography leading to a walk along to the Historic Skippers Bridge.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from anywhere in Queenstown District. Please request collection from further afield for additional cost. Airports
- Frankton Airport, Queenstown New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for people scared of heights
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.