Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
Skydive Franz Josef and Fox Glacier - Tandem Skydive in Glacier Country
Tandem skydiving is the fastest, easiest and safest way for an inexperienced skydiver to enjoy the thrill of jumping out of a plane, free falling through the sky at 200kph/120mph and floating safely to the ground under a parachute. The system includes a harness and parachute system for both the passenger and the instructor to share, so you can simply enjoy the thrill of the experience knowing your instructor has everything under control.
13,000 ft = 50 seconds freefall + 5 minute parachute ride under the canopy.
16,500ft = 65 seconds freefall + 5 minute parachute ride under the canopy.
20,000ft (highest skydive in the Southern Hemisphere) = 85 seconds freefall + 5 minute parachute ride under the canopy.
All in the most scenic and spectacular part of New Zealand, and right next to New Zealand's highest mountain peaks including 12,316 ft Aoraki/Mount Cook.
All skydives operate subject to suitable weather conditions. Full refund available from point of purchase if Skydive Franz cancels a trip due to weather conditions. Customers who cancel their skydive within 24 hours of booked time will incur a 50% cancellation fee. Customers who do not show up at check-in time will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
Please report to our office on the Main Road (SH6) of Franz Josef Glacier Village at your booking time.
- Skydive and instruction
- Day 1 : SkydiveExperience the thrill of NZ’s Highest Skydive from 20,000ft (85+ seconds freefall) above the Westland & Aoraki/Mt Cook National Parks.Meals :None
Departure from our office on the main road of Franz Josef village
All skydive videos include a pre-jump interview, interview on the way up in the plane, scenery shots from the plane, skydive and post-jump interview.
Skydive Photos only options provide between 45 and 60 high quality images of your skydive.
1) Handcam: Inside Camera
Your Tandem Master has a GoPro camera attached to their hand, and films your entire skydive from close-up in wide angle.
- Video & Photographs – $189
- Photographs only – $139
2) Personal Photographer: Outside Camera (Available during Summer 1st October -30th April)
A personal photographer is a separate skydiver who jumps with you wearing camera equipment on their helmet. Photos are shot from a DSLR/Mirrorless Camera and video is shot from a GoPro Hero5+
- Video & Photographs – $249
- Photographs only – $189
3) Best of Both Worlds Combo – Personal Photographer/Outside Camera & Handcam/Inside Camera
- Includes photos & video from both handcam and your personal photographer. Receive high quality photos & video footage of your entire experience taken from two angles, emailed to you – $309