Small group guided sea kayaking in Akaroa marine reserve
Our Guided Kayak Safari is a great way to spend your time ashore! This is a once in a lifetime chance to paddle through a marine reserve in an extinct volcano basin. Take in breath-taking scenery and witness amazing geology that is unique to the area. You will have the chance to experience some of the most endangered marine life on the planet including Hector Dolphins, White-flipper penguins, and native sea birds which reside in Akaroa Harbour if you are lucky! Your safari includes a break at remote a beach where you can relax or swim, enjoy a snack and explore. All of this is only 80 minutes from Christchurch!
Small group numbers are key as we are visiting fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural areas, enjoy exploring this marine reserve in a low-impact and environmentally responsible way. Close encounters. No noise, No engines, No crowds, No pollution. So come and join us! Explore, Experience and Enjoy!
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- On Water Photographs
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akaroa Guided Kayak Safari, Akaroa 7520 New Zealand
Our Guided Sea Kayak Safari's take place in beautiful Akaroa- this is one of the best locations to sea kayak in NZ! Join us for a once in a lifetime opportunity to paddle through a marine reserve in an extinct volcano basin. Highlights include jaw dropping scenery, amazing geology that is unique to the area and the chance to see some of the most endangered marine life on the planet including Hector Dolphins, White-flipper penguins, NZ fur seals and native sea birds..Small group numbers are key as we are visiting fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural areas, enjoy exploring this marine reserve in a low-impact and environmentally responsible way with your own nature/kayak guide answering all of your questions along the way while keeping you safe on the water.. Close encounters. No noise, No engines, No crowds, No pollution.
So come and join us! Explore, Experience and Enjoy!
Paradise awaits only 80 minutes from Christchurch!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :40F Rue Lavaud, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We will email you detailed information on how to get to our starting point/pick up which is outside the bowling club in Akaroa.Ports
- Akaroa i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 61 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
- The Lyttelton Harbour Information Centre, 20 Oxford Street, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age 10 years
- Operates During summer months September-May
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.