Small-Group Kumeu Wine Country Tour Includes Wine Tastings & Lunch
Leave behind the bustle of Auckland city and head northwest to take the flavours of Kumeu Wine Country, Auckland's Heritage Wine Region. Enjoy lunch at a contemporary vineyard restaurant, sample world renowned wines and marvel at the rugged surf-fringed coastline nearby.
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup & drop off (selected inner city accommodation)
- Wine tasting at 3 wineries
What's excluded :
Stop At: Soljans Estate Winery, 366 State Highway 16, Kumeu, Auckland 0892 New Zealand
The wineries of Kumeu date back to the 1930s when wine families of Croatian origin established winemaking in the area. These families are still living and working in the area today, making some of New Zealand's most renowned wines. These vineyards contrast with the spectacular coastal scenery of the area.
Leave behind the bustle of Auckland city and head northwest to join our afternoon wine tour and taste the flavours of Kumeu Wine Country, Auckland’s Heritage Wine Region. Enjoy lunch at a contemporary vineyard restaurant, sample world renowned wines and marvel at the rugged surf-fringed coastline nearby.
Your first stop is at Soljans Vineyard. Soljans has won many awards for their wines and they are also widely acknowledged in New Zealand as being an expert producer of methode traditionelle (bottle-fermented) sparkling wines.Enjoy lunch and a wine tasting at Soljans Winery restaurant. The winery is built with sunshine in mind and serves Mediterranean-style food with a New Zealand twist, showcasing fresh seasonal produce from around the region.
Stop At: Coopers Creek Vineyard, 601 State Highway 16 Huapai, Auckland Central, Auckland 0810 New Zealand
Next to tempt the taste buds is a wine tasting at Coopers Creek vineyard which offers outstanding wines from New Zealand”s best regions. Coopers Creek produce a wide variety of wines and are adventurous in their choice of grapes and blends.
Next you visit one of the region’s special places where (from August to April) you have the chance to see one of the world’s largest seabirds in their natural environment. Your journey takes you to one of the few mainland gannet nesting sites in the world situated on the cliff-tops overlooking the Tasman Sea. Here you get a close-up of the gannet colony without disturbing their environment. The views extend for miles along the black sand beach of Muriwai.
Stop At: Westbrook Winery, 215 Ararimu Valley Road, Waimauku, Auckland 0882 New Zealand
Your final wine tasting is at West Brook Winery. The West Brook cellar door looks across an idyllic duck pond and terraced picnic area to row after row of vines. The wines reflect true varietal character and their unique regional origins. Without exception they are premium quality and have won numerous awards. This half day ‘wineries out west’ wine tour is a great introduction to the region.
* Wineries included may change depending on day of week
Departure Point :SkyCity Auckland, Victoria Street &, Federal Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to run
- Wineries may change depending on the day of travel.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands