Small Group Tour: Wai-O-Tapu, Lady Knox Geyser, Champagne Lake, Maori Village
Combine two of Rotorua's most popular attractions on this full-day small group tour from Rotorua.
Begin with a drive through the lush countryside heading to the infamous Lady Knox Geyser which regularly erupts every day at 10:15AM.
After which Discover Wai-o-tapu !
New Zealand’s most colourful volcanic area with the opportunity to experience a geothermal wonderland of volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making,
Then explore the Living Maori Village, where you'll hear from a local descendant about Maori history, customs, and craft traditions. You'll walk past the geothermal wonders of Pohutu and Prince of Wales feathers geysers and learn how these features play a role in daily life, then experience a cultural performance of traditional songs and chants, including the world famous Haka!
Pickup from your hotel or place of accomodation!
Transport is in a 2016/17 small group vehicle (no large groups or coaches)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop off in Rotorua
- Official Professional driver/guide
- Transport by 2017/18 air-conditioned Luxury minivan
What's excluded :
- Lunch is not Included
- We pick up from your hotel or place of accommodation (including Air BB)
Transport is in a small 2016/17 luxury vehicle, (no large groups or coaches)
This tour operates as a small group tour: which allows a more flexible, freindly and enjoyable day rather than large coach tours! With pick up from Rotorua accommodation in the morning, taking you to the first venue the Lady Knox Geyser!
At 10.15am each day there is the opportunity to learn the history and mechanics of the Lady Knox Geyser during a presentation by an informed guide in a natural amphitheater.
It provides a unique opportunity to see a geyser in eruption to heights of 10 to 20 meters.
After which a short journey to Wia-o-tapu geothermal wonderland to experience volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making. Wai-O-Tapu is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand. Clearly defined tracks provide the you with the opportunity to enjoy the diversity of this area through a series of different walks taking from 30 to 75 minutes or more, each with their own unique volcanic vistas to fascinate all ages.The nature of the reserve being an active volcanic area with undulating terrain.
There is the opportunity to enjoy lunch here along with photographic opportunities.
The Living Maori Village
Upon arriving at the Living Maori Village, you will be greeted by a friendly, local guide who is a direct descendant of early Maori who have shaped tourism in New Zealand for generations. Experience an authentic Living Māori Village, where people live on a daily basis using the natural geothermal resources to cook, bathe, and heat their homes. View the geothermal wonders of Whakarewarewa valley up close and personal, including the world famous Pohutu geyser, boiling mud-pools, steam vents, and bubbling pools. Develop an understanding of the history of the area as you learn what it is like to live in the challenging environment of the Whakarewarewa Valley, where daily life includes cooking in the bubbling pools and steam vents, and bathing in the refreshing therapeutic waters. After your guided tour, you will be treated to a cultural performance like no other. Each performance includes Waiata (or songs) of history, Patere (rhythmic chants), stick games, poi dancing, and the world-famous HAKA war challenge. Many of these talented performing artists have followed in the footsteps of their parents and grandparents as Māori performers.
A truly special day filled with wonder and amazement with memories that will last a lifetime!
Departure Point :Please be in the Hotel Lobby between 8:45am and 9:15am
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Same as pick-up location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Please note this is a small group day tour experience!
- Please be in the hotel lobby at the time allocated for pick-up
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund!
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.