Sunrise wildlife sea kayaking in Akaroa marine reserve
The Sunrise Wildlife Safari is our recommended Safari of the day! This is a once in a lifetime chance to paddle in an extinct volcano basin. Take in breath-taking scenery and have the opportunity to experience chance encounters with some of the most endangered marine life on the planet including Hector Dolphins, white flippered penguins, and Orca located in Akaroa Harbor during their most active time of the day, only 80 minutes from Christchurch.
Small group numbers are key as we are visiting fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural areas, enjoy exploring this marine reserve in a low-impact and environmentally responsible way. Close encounters. No noise, No engines, No crowds, No pollution. So come and join us! Explore, Experience and Enjoy!
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- On water photographs
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- The Sunrise Safari is our recommend trip of the day. The ocean is always much calmer in the early morning and the wildlife is more active. Your tour begins with a relaxed and informative introduction briefing, preparing you for your safe and fun adventure on Akaroa’s stunning extinct volcanic basin waters. After your briefing, your experienced local guide will prepare your kayak for launch onto the water. Comfort and safety is always a priority. Under the watchful eye of your guide you will paddle out through blue waters escaping from the crowds, noise of other boats, the hustle and bustle of normal life,
You will paddle through the reserve while your guide points out places of interest and any wildlife activity that they discover.
You will engage with nature and beautiful serenity of sea kayaking during the most peaceful time of the day before the tour boats are on the water. Your guide will provide an on water snack while sharing stories about this special marine reserve . Through out the Safari the massive scale of landscape will amaze you, and it is a once in a lifetime experience paddling through an extinct sea flooded volcano basin which is inhabited by endangered mammals. You will have the change to have close encounters with hector dolphins, white flippered penguins, NZ fur seals and Orca if you lucky!
Your guide can answer any questions that you may have.Your kayaking adventure comes to an end when you land back onto the beach you left a few hours before. You will feel inspired, relaxed, rejuvenated, and fulfilled about what you have seen and experienced.You will also have the opportunity to take home photos of your day
Departure Point :Mandala Restaurant, 40F Rue Lavaud, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Departure Time :07:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age 10 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.