Taste Buds Tour: Petone - Half Day
Discover the locally made treats and secret foodie spots in Petone, one of the oldest settlements in Wellington. This 5-hour tour gives your taste buds a thrilling journey through the history and produce of local food and beverage artisans and importers. Get an exclusive behind the scenes look at a local specialty coffee roastery, taste freshly made cheeses, sample local craft beers, visit a chocolatier, and have a tasting platter at an Italian restaurant and cafe. A different tasting experience at every location. Itinerary varies daily!
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Group Tour.
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Professional local driver guide.
- Food and beverage tasting.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off available
- Entry/Admission - Small Batch, Ripe Coffee Roasters
- Entry/Admission - Zany Zeus Cheese Shop
- Entry/Admission - La Bella Italia
- Entry/Admission - The Chocolate Story
- Entry/Admission - Brewtown Upper Hutt
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks and food products for taking away are available to purchase (optional) at own expense.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Small Batch, Ripe Coffee Roasters, 22 Waione Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012, New Zealand
Your first visit is to a specialty coffee roastery on the Petone foreshore where you will learn it's fascinating history and the trace the amazing journey of it's coffee beans from shrub to cup! Take part in a coffee roast and hear the beans crack under intense heat as the aroma of the roasted beans fills the room. Challenge your taste buds in a cupping session and match the coffees to the tasting notes before sitting back enjoying a famous flat white (or coffee of your choice)!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zany Zeus Cheese Shop, 149 Randwick Road, Moera, Lower Hutt 5010, New Zealand
Next stop is Zany Zeus dairy and cheese factory where you will sample a range of cheeses, yogurts and organic ice cream including a smoked yogurt - the first ‘yogurt’ of its kind available in New Zealand
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: La Bella Italia, 10 Nevis Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5045, New Zealand
Your next encounter takes you to a little bit of Parma, Italy in New Zealand as you are a guest at La Bella Italia and your host Antonio Cacace. Here you will try a freshly prepared Italian classic which varies daily! Vegetarian options are available.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Chocolate Story, 185 Jackson Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012 New Zealand
The next stop is for the sweet of tooth as you call in on the resident chocolatier for a tasting and chocolate making lesson! Through utilizing French and European inspired recipes, then adapting them to locally sourced New Zealand products, the chocolatier blends in premium chocolates such as the world famous Valrhona Couverture Chocolate to produce chocolates you will love.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Brewtown Upper Hutt, 23 Blenheim Street, Maidstone, Upper Hutt 5018, New Zealand
Your final stop is a visit to a local craft brewery for a tasting of their range of locally produced craft beer. The tour is complete with a drop off back to Wellington at 2:45pm.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :111 Wakefield Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
For hotel pick up please wait for your Zozo Travel driver guide in the lobby or main hotel entrance.For cruise pick up please wait at the Private Tour Waiting Area at the cruise terminal. DO NOT get on cruise shuttle. For specific pick up time and locations please contact Zozo Travel directly.Ports
- Wellington Cruise Terminal, Aotea Quay
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum (drinking) age is 18 years.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.