Taupō Rover Experience - Overnight [2 Day Tour]
A huge range of family attractions for adults and kids, adventure and adrenaline activities, as well as peaceful nature-based experiences that will get you back in touch with the real world. A rich cultural history and locals who love to share it with visitors. There’s never a shortage of things to do in Taupō making it one of the best holiday destinations in New Zealand.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- All Fees and Taxes
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the journey
- Hand-picked accommodation included in our platinum and gold packages
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation
- All entrance and activity fees
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Entry to 2.5 Hour Māori Rock Carving Cruise
- Entry to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry to Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry to Skyline Rotorua Including Gondola & Luge Rides
- Entry/Admission - Maori Rock Carvings
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Skyline Rotorua
What's excluded :
- Hand-picked accommodation excluded in our silver and bronze package
- Entry to Silica Terraces Walkway
Day 1: Lake Taupō + Māori Rock Carving Cruise
Stop At: Lake Taupo, Lake Terrace, Taupo 3330 New Zealand
Marvel at the breath-taking geothermal scenery, stunning waterfalls and World Heritage-listed forest reserves, as you drive from the south of Auckland located in the centre of New Zealand’s north island lies the largest freshwater lake in Australasia. A land of fire and ice, Lake Taupō, a stunning natural cauldron, is ringed by snow-capped mountains, and surrounded by geothermal ‘hot spots’, such as bubbling mud pools, fumaroles and hot springs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Huka Falls Rd, Taupo, Hinuera New Zealand
Just in 10 minutes’ drive from Taupō town centre, along a beautiful forest-clad road that passes the world-famous luxury resort, you’ll hear the Huka Falls well before you see them – it’s the sound of nearly a quarter of a million litres of water per second erupting from a natural gorge and thundering 11m into the Waikato river below. This incredible waterfall is the most-visited natural attraction in New Zealand – it’s hard to tear your gaze away from the endless, mesmerising torrent.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Step aboard, explore Lake Taupō, and discover its natural beauty and hidden wonders with an eco-friendly cruise with Sail Barbary.
Leave your cares and the shoreline behind and set sail across the crystal-blue waters of Lake Taupō. Investigate the hidden bays and beautiful coastline as you enjoy stunning vistas guarded by majestic mountains, enduring witnesses to Taupō’s volcanic past. Explore the culture, history, and sustainability of the region as you voyage to the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay. We will take you right up close to the 14 metre high face of Ngatoroirangi.
Sit back and relax or jump in and learn to sail. Experience Lake Taupō from a unique perspective.
Free refreshments including tea, coffee, hot chocolate. We are licensed but you are welcome to bring your own. In the summer swimming is encouraged.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: You can find your own accommodation in Taupō or upgrade your experience to have accommodation included (charges apply)
Day 2: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland + Skyline Rotorua Gondola & Luge Experience
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Experience a land where myth and legend come to life, where the earth boils, mud heals, and steam disappears into the clouds above. Explore spectacular nature at New Zealand's most colourful natural volcanic park. Walks through this unique geothermal area take between 30 and 75 minutes and provide a wide range of amazing photo opportunities at unique features including the world famous Champagne Pool, naturally coloured hot and cold springs, bubbling mud, steaming ground, expansive vistas, huge volcanic craters and sinter terrace formations.
The natural bush setting, the Lady Knox Geyser erupting daily at 10.15 am and the nearby ever active "Mud Pool" add other dimensions to the experience, the distinct sulphur smell, similar to that of rotting eggs will accompany you throughout your visit to this fascinating natural wonder.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Skyline Rotorua, 178 Fairy Springs Road, Fairy Springs, Rotorua 3015, New Zealand
Our Second destination is just minutes from central Rotorua, sitting atop Mt Ngongotaha providing unsurpassed views of New Zealand’s coolest hot spot. The Skyline Rotorua is the most spectacular way to take in the 180 degree views of Lake Rotorua, the city and surrounding district. This is an all-weather must do attraction suitable for all ages. Nestle into a Luge cart and zip off with friends or family to discover who has the skills to master the Luge. First up, ride the sweeping bends of the Scenic track through the Redwoods Forest. After a stunning chair-lift ride back to the top, the Intermediate and Advanced tracks await. Once Is Never Enough! Skyline Rotorua is your ticket to an unforgettable holiday fuelled with adventure for people of all ages.
Spend an entire day and we will give you an unforgettable experience and a sense of accomplishment that will remain long after you have waved us farewell.
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location: Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.