Tauranga Shore Excursion: Hobbiton + Waitomo Glowworm Caves Private Tour
Shore Excursion from Tauranga Port.
Deluxe Private Small Group Tour.
Two of New Zealand's most popular attractions, transport in a luxury vehicle. Begin with a drive through the lush countryside heading to Waitomo Caves where you will travel by boat along an underground river through the mesmerising Glowworm Grotto. You'll gently glide through the impressive underground caverns in silent darkness amid the beauty of twinkling glowworms overhead.
The Hobbiton Movie Set you will be taken on an offical fully guided tour of the Hobbiton movie set, which was created in impressive detail for the filming of the hobbit films! And where Bilbo Baggins and Frodo live! Learn the movie secrets of how this movie came to life. Then enjoy a complementary drink in the World famous Green Dragon inn.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transport by small mini van with air-conditioning
- Professional Hobbiton guide to guide you around Hobbiton
- Professional Guide to Waitomo Glowworms caves including a boat ride
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - New Zealand Discovery Tours
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Experience two World famous New Zealand attractions from your Cruise ship when you dock in the Tauranga Port!
The Waitomo Glowworm Caves & The Hobbiton Movie Set !
Waitomo Glowworms Caves
You will be taken on a Journey of discovery combining two of the most popular and world famous attractions in New Zealand!
Begin your discovery at the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, world renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list.
Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms and become a part of over 120 years of cultural and natural history.
Marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Meander underground along the Waitomo River and gaze in silence at the myriad of glow worm lights that make up the Glowworm Grotto. As you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights, you'll immediately experience a serene ambience and be fascinated and intrigued by tiny glowworms that light your way!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Your second venue takes you to "The Hobbiton Movie Set"
An offical guide will show you around the movie set of this breathtaking film set which was created in impressive detail!
Walk around the Hobbit holes including bilbo's and frodo's home.
Wonder around the vegetable patches were Hobbits grow their food! with giant pumpkins lying around! and learn about the movie secrets and the attention to detail that is truly mind-boggling.
Your guide tells you how in Tolkien's books, there is a reference to hobbits sitting under plum trees, and how in New Zealand, plum trees grow too big to be the right scale for a hobbit so Peter Jackson had apple and pear trees, stripped of their fruit and replaced them with fake fruit!
As for the oak tree on the hill? Also fake, with 376,000 artificial leaves imported from Taiwan and wired onto the tree. When the leaves faded in the sun, someone was employed to repaint them, one by one!
Walk past the Mill and the famous Party Tree that were created for "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" films. At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, There will be a complementary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non alcohol available)
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: New Zealand Discovery Tours, Fenton Street, Glenholme, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
You will leave the shire and travel through lush green countryside to return you to your Tauranga Port in plenty of time to board your ship.
Transport is in a private vehicle with your own driver/guide taking in the stunning scenery that New Zealand has to offer along the way.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please walk along the wharf (there is only one way to walk) Go through the Port gates, where you will see a representative with a name board with " NEW ZEALAND DISCOVERY TOURS" & your name on It!Please allow time for boarding your vehicle! As the tour leaves at the allocated time!Ports
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick up time will be confirmed after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.