Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Te Puia Geothermals, Maori and Kiwifruit
See the stunning geothermal region of Rotorua. This small group tour will take you to Te Puia to see the famous Pohutu Geyser, bubbling mud pools and a Maori cultural performance plus wood carving, flax weaving and kiwi birds. You will also see a number of other well loved Rotorua sights and kiwifruit orchards.
What's included :
- Experienced, professional driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Entry to Te Puia including Maori cultural performance
- Visit to a kiwifruit orchard
- Visit to Okere Falls
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Pass By: Shore Trips & Tours, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Join Tauranga’s best Shore Excursion team for an unforgettable journey to Rotorua – New Zealand’s cultural and geothermal hub. This tour is a must for those wanting to see and do it all in Rotorua – this is our premier Rotorua experience.
Entry to the fantastic Te Puia complex is the highlight of the day. Unlike many other advertised tours, the Maori cultural performance is included – as well as a dedicated and knowledgeable guide for the day.
Your guide will share their passion and knowledge about not only Rotorua, but the Bay of Plenty region as a whole. Learn about the province and see why it is such a popular place to live.
You will visit a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown, as well as be taken on a tour of Rotorua’s interesting city centre – including famous landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and the lakefront. We also make a stop at picturesque Okere Falls.
Highlights of Te Puia:
• See geysers explode high into the air, viscous mudpools bubble away and boiling hotpools simmer endlessly. You will only get those iconic geyser photos at Te Puia where you are up close and personal with many of the geothermal features.
• Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from a local Maori group. The 45 minute concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting house), as well as traditional songs and dances. You will see the famous Haka (war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
• Spot the elusive kiwi in the nocturnal enclosure. These shy birds are our national icon and are now endangered.
• Watch craftsmen and women learn their trade in the newly refurbished carving and weaving schools. The apprentices here are keeping their customs alive.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :4 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters (unless very small collapsible ones) or wheelchairs. Folding walkers/frames can be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps. Please notify us at time of booking of any mobility issues.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour runs with a minimum of 4 fare paying passengers. We will advise on the day if the minimum hasn't been met, and offer alternative options if necessary
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a Pre Booked Tour Only!
- No sales on the day of the Tour!
- 9.30am is the regular tour start time. This may be adjusted for early/late arriving ships. We will advise any time change at time of booking.
- This tour is for passengers arriving on a cruise ship into the Port of Tauranga
- Please ensure you have provided a contact phone number and/or email address that you will have with you and/or checking whilst on holiday so any last minute tour time changes can be notified.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- QR codes unique to each tour vehicle
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.