Tauranga Shore Excursion with Hobbiton and Rotorua Geyser
Your pick-up is just a short walk from your ship at the end of the wharf, where you board one of our modern small group mini van vehicles! All entrance fees, guides are included in the price.
Experience geysers, mud pools and steam vents with Maori culture. Encounter a strange landscape of sights, sounds and smells. Marvel at the way the Maori's have tamed this land for their own purpose before traveling to the second venue of the tour.
Experience the magic of Hobbiton! See Sir Peter Jackson’s iconic rolling hills and lush green pastures of Hobbiton. You will have an official guide to guide you around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo’s home after which you can enjoy a drink in the green dragon (either alcoholic beer or non-alcoholic ginger beer) included in your tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tauranga port pick up - Pre-booked tour for cruise ship passengers only
- Te Puia Valley Geothermal Valley entrance fees
- The Hobbiton Movie set tour with official guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
The Start of your journey travels from Mount Maunganui with Mount Maunganui located atop a sand bar that connects Mauao to the mainland, Because of this formation, the residents of Mount Maunganui have both a harbour beach (Pilot Bay) and an ocean beach with great surf, we drive along the beach as we head out for our day of discovery to Rotorua' Te Puia and its Geothermal Valley!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
You will visit Rotorua and its Whakarewarewa Valley. Here you can witness The prince of wales Feathers geyser and The Pohutu Geyser (the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere) You enter a strange and unusual landscape with the aroma of sulphur and sights of steam vents exiting the earth at every available crevice.
This valley is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years the people of this village have lived surrounded by geothermal activity (geysers, steam vents and mud pools) which they utilize in their everyday life for cooking, bathing and heating.
For centuries Whakarewarewa village has been home to the Tuhourangi Ngati Wahiao people. As New Zealand's original tourist attraction, They have hosted visitors from around the world since the mid 1800's.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
The "Hobbiton Movie Set" is an experience to tantalise the senses of visitors from all across the globe, as guests find themselves engulfed in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of The Shire, at the home of the Hobbits, as featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies. The extraordinary following that the movies have amassed has led to the tours becoming a must see while travellers are in New Zealand.
Learn all about how this location was chosen as the Hobbiton Movie Set (which is a great story in itself!) and how it was created plus which scenes were filmed here. You will have an official guide to show you around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo's home. Learn about the movie secrets and the attention to detail that is truly mind-boggling.
Your guide will tell you how in Tolkien's books, there is a reference to Hobbits sitting under plum trees and how in New Zealand plum trees grow too big to be the right scale for a hobbit so Peter Jackson had apple and pear trees, stripped of their fruit and replaced them with fake plums. As for the oak tree on the hill? Also fake, with 376,000 artificial leaves imported from Taiwan and wired onto the tree.
At the end of the Hobbiton Movie Set tour there will be a complimentary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non-alcohol available).
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Lower Kaimai, Lower Kaimai, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
We leave The Hobbiton Movie Set to make our way back to the port travailed directly over the the Kaimai Range! (sometimes referred to as the Kaimai Ranges) this a mountain range separating Waikato from the Bay Of Plenty! It is part of a series of ranges, with the Coromandel Range to the north.
Departure Point :2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please walk along the wharf (there is only one way to walk) Go through the Port gates, where you will see a representative with a name board with " NEW ZEALAND DISCOVERY TOURS" & your name on It!Please allow time for boarding your vehicle! As the tour leaves at the allocated time!Ports
- Tauranga Port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No sales on the day of the tour ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- If needed we will adjust the tour time dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship
- Pick up is from the port gates and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.