Te Puia Geothermal Valley Experience
Experience a personal encounter with our people, culture and place. Many magnificent geysers are active here, the most famous geyser, Pohutu (big splash or explosion), erupts up to 30 metres high depending on her mood. Mother Nature has got us firmly by the reins here with an impressive array of mud pools, boiling hot springs and gushing geysers. A must-do activity in Rotorua, and a day tour of Te Puia is the best way to experience this top visitor attraction in New Zealand.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to full day pass at Te Puia with steamed lunch box
- Enjoy a scenic drive through lush countryside with opportunity for photo stops
- Sightseeing historical government gardens, thermal springs and Polynesian spa
- Plenty of time in a landscape of steaming thermal waters
- Chance to see the towering water jets of Pōhutu Geyser
- Spot the iconic New Zealand kiwi bird at the nocturnal house
- Up-close look at the valley's immense bubbling mud pools
- A captivating experience of the Whakarewarewa thermal wonderland
- New culinary experience with a traditional cooking session
- Insights into Māori heritage & historical uses of the land
- Traditional weaving tutorial to craft your own masterpiece
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
Originally known as Paepaehakumanu Motutara, today Government Gardens include facilities for bowls, croquet, petanque and golf.
There are many points of interest including the Arawa Soldiers Memorial, geothermal features including the Rachael Spring and Malfroy geyser and a number of buildings of historic interest.
Rotorua District Council also operates a nursery in the Gardens, supplying flowers, shrubs and trees for the many public gardens and reserves around the district.
Rotorua Museum, the Blue Baths, the Klamath Falls Rose Gardens, Te Runanga Tearooms and Band Rotunda are all located in the Government Gardens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Explore Te Puia’s unique Whakarewarewa geothermal valley home to the world famous Pohutu Geyser, which erupts up to twenty times a day, and up to thirty metres high into the air. Explore the boiling mud pools and the boiling waters which are still used to cook in. The tradition of guiding in the Whakarewarewa geothermal valley extends for generations. Te Puia is a must-do activity in Rotorua, and a day tour of Te Puia is the best way to experience this top visitor attraction in New Zealand. Discover the distinctive flavours and unique preparation of our traditionally cooked Maori hangi. This experience includes an extended tour of Te Puia, an interactive weaving experience, plus a traditionally cooked steam box lunch to enjoy in front of Pohutu Geyser. In an authentic Hangi make your choice from a selection of prepared food including chicken, corn, kumara, pumpkin, potato, cabbage, watercress, and gourmet bread stuffing.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, sun protection, jacket/warm layer, camera & essential personal items.
- Special dietary requirements catered for upon request, please advise at the time of booking. Preferences and requests cannot be guaranteed. Special requests are subject to availability.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.